Join Our Team
About Fed and Fit
Fed and Fit is an online editorial founded in 2011 by Cassy Joy Garcia. As a food, wellness, and lifestyle site, we help our readers live healthier, happier lives without the stress of doing so perfectly. We do this through our weekly online content, two printed publications (Fed & Fit and Cook Once Eat All Week), a wellness program, podcast, video, and more.
Fed and Fit is growing quickly and brimming with potential as we continue to expand in all areas of our business. Our team is incredibly passionate about what we do and committed to helping our readers by producing content that solves real problems. As a company, we value hard work, positivity, and innovation.
Though our reach is worldwide, Fed and Fit is headquartered out of San Antonio, TX. We are currently building our first office (with an in-house kitchen studio) and we are looking to expand our team locally.
About the Position
Since Fed and Fit is a small, but quickly expanding company we are looking for someone who wants to grow with us and is truly committed to helping us building this brand.
The administrative assistant will fill a vital role on the team that will function like a “catch all” as you become Cassy's right hand. You’ll be Cassy's “handler” (for lack of a better word) and also tasked with independent projects. This is a position where no job is too small, and you should be ready and willing to jump in and help wherever you are needed.
Duties can include (not limited to):
- Manage Cassy's calendar and email, and help her keep her time and schedule in order
- Coordinating travel for Cassy and the team
- Creating a production schedule for recipe development days, video and photo shoots, and more
- Grocery shopping, prop coordination, and assistance on recipe development days
- Shipment + inventory management
- Responding to and resolving customer service inquiries
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Event planning
- Coordinating with our team of contractors
- Social media management
- Dropbox organization and management
- Any other tasks that may come up along the way!
Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized – You love a good spreadsheet and a color-coded system. You'll be responsible for keeping Cassy and the Fed and Fit team on track, so managing details will be essential!
- Self-motivated – you should be a self-starter who doesn't need to be told what to do, and is able to anticipate what needs to get done next.
- Able to multitask – you'll be handling many responsibilities every day from planning shoot days to managing incoming customer requests. You will need to be able to prioritize these tasks and make sure everything is done in a timely manner.
- Positive Attitude – we're in the growing stages of our business which means that we are constantly learning, and sometimes changing direction, so days can be long! You should be able to handle change, get excited by the opportunity to learn new skills, and be ready to take on new tasks.
- Communicative – you have excellent professional written and verbal communication skills, and know how to keep everyone informed when tasks are received and completed.
- Experience with the following systems:
- Microsoft Office
- Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs
- Experience with Asana is a plus
- Previous experience in an administrative or executive assistant is a plus.
The job is in San Antonio, TX with no option for remote work (you must be local). I encourage you only consider applying if you’re interested in a lasting career in the online editorial world – one that, hopefully, you can grow into during your tenure at Fed & Fit. The full-time position is currently open and work will begin immediately.
How to Apply
- Familiarize yourself with the brand! Check out the books, explore the website, and dig into social media.
- Take the following personality tests: there are NO WRONG ANSWERS – just be honest
- Draft a letter of intent to include: a brief overview of why you think you’re the best fit for this position, where YOU think FF will be in the next 4 years (with a description of your role at that time), and the results of your above personality tests.
- Email your letter of intent + updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay tuned, I’ll be back in touch with next-steps! Applicants moving onto the next round(s) will have an initial interview (via Zoom), a sample work project, and a final in-person interview with the whole FF team.