March Letter From the Editor
This month has put some Spring in our step! With the first day of Spring around the corner, we’re ready to dive headfirst into some fresh dishes, get a jump on a home garden (or window herb collection), and find ways we can continue to make small swaps for healthier alternatives in our homes.
The big dates on our calendar for March:
- March 8th – Daylight Savings, set your clock forward
- March 16th – launch My Self Care Club!! Stay tuned for more.
- March 17th – Saint Patrick’s Day
- March 19th – First day of Spring
- March 27th – Cassy’s Birthday! (FF Editor in Chief)
- March 31st – Amber’s Birthday! (FF Managing Editor)
- March 31st – our internal goal to turn in content for book #3
My Favorite Spring Recipes
Though they’re not new dishes, here are some favorites from the website that I’m definitely brushing off this month for our family to enjoy:
- Dublin Coddle, Jameson Brownies, and Dairy-Free Baileys (for Saint Patrick’s Day)
- Orange Chicken (can’t stop, won’t stop)
- One of these three energy balls: Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter, Blueberry Muffin, and Brownie Batter (for a quick healthy snack while I’m between meals and this baby is growing at a rapid rate)
- Honey Mustard Pork Roast (one of my hubby’s favorite dishes)
- This Spring Salad (I want it on repeat for lunch with either shredded rotisserie chicken or smoked salmon)
We also know that so many of you are eager to see how I (Cassy Joy) am filling my freezer with healthy foods for when baby arrives in late April! We have a whole bunch of freezer hacks coming your way soon, including my exact postpartum meal plan. Like all things at Fed + Fit, it’s doable, not overwhelming, flexible, and tasty. I can’t wait for you to see it!
Seasonal Beauty Tips
Because I’m always looking for seasonal beauty tips, here are a few from my personal list for March:
- March Polish Colors (from Dazzle Dry, my favorite safer home manicure system): “Tweet Me” for a light peach, “Faith” for a fun light blueish purple, “Foxy” for a muted gray-white, and “Joan’s Armor” for a dark twist.
- March Face Masks: they honey-based masks from Primally Pure! There are three options: Soothing (the one I use), Plumping, and Clarifying.
- New organic muslin face cloths from Amazon! I use these with the Cleansing Balm to remove makeup and I also use it to help wipe off my face masks (like the Primally Pure mask and the Beautycounter activated charcoal mask).