Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
Salsa is always healthy, easy to make, and very versatile. I like to mix up my salsa recipes by using different in-season fruits.
This mango salsa is tangy, sweet, and spicy. Use it to add a tropical flavor to your favorite tacos, party dippers, or salad dressings.
I’m a big fan of easy meals. Using homemade salsa to accompany store bought foods is a great way to introduce nutritious homemade foods to your family without the time commitment. I used this batch of mango salsa as a dressing to top a pre-grilled chicken half from the grocery store. The chicken and salsa sat on a huge bed of mixed greens. The dish probably could have served 2, if not 3, people. Confession: I ate the whole thing. It was SO tasty. Was too full for dessert but had just enough room for a glass of vino.
- 1 cup diced mango about one large mango
- 1/4 cup diced purple onion
- 1 large jalapeno diced yields about 2 Tbl
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 small limes juiced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Stir all the ingredients together in a bowl and serve!
- It’s that simple.
- Time: 5 minutes
Approximate Nutrition Facts:
- Serving size: ½ cup
- 50 Calories; 0 g Fat; .5 g Protein; 8 g Sugar