Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (to thin, optional)
- 1/3 cup honey (omit for 21-DSD)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon plus extra for garnish ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepot over medium heat. Whisk to incorporate and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into 4 individual mugs and garnish with Coconut Whipped Cream and sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- If you like your hot chocolate more thin, substitute with more almond milk or water.