No-Bake Key Lime Pie
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8
For the Crust:
- 8 ounces gluten free graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons ghee (or butter), softened and cut into cubes (may sub coconut oil)
For the filling:
- 1, 13 ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons gelatin
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (key lime juice is even better!)
- 1/4 cup honey
- zest of one lime, about 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Lime zest, for garnish
- To make the crust, grind the graham crackers and butter in a food processor until an even, smooth crust forms. Press this crust down in a tart pan, creating an even layer along the bottom and the sides. Set aside.
- To make the filling, pour the coconut milk into a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then add the gelatin. Using a whisk, stir the gelatin in the simmering coconut milk until it is completely dissolved. This should take between 3 and 5 minutes.
- Once the gelatin is completely dissolved, remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Once cooled slightly, whisk in the remainder of the ingredients.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and then chill for at least 4 hours, or until set.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream (find an unsweetened recipe in my book or a sweetened one in this post) or serve with real-dairy whipped cream (find a recipe in this post).