Paleo Buffalo Wings
Paleo buffalo wings – I NEEDED them. Determined and hungry I went on a mission to devise my own paleo buffalo sauce. After hours of experimenting, I stumbled upon the perfect combination.
The wings are baked instead of fried. To be honest, I don’t miss the fried! I think the baked versions are tastier.
Buffalo sauce is traditionally made with cayenne, vinegar, and butter. I subbed coconut oil for the butter and added a few extra flavorings. The sauce will keep in a refrigerated sealed container so feel free to double the recipe to use for another time.
If you’re sensitive to spicy foods or feeding little ones, I recommend going easy on the cayenne and hot paprika until you find a combination that works for you.
Serve these delicious morsels alongside some celery sticks for a cool break from the heat.
Paleo Buffalo Wings0:00
Baked Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Paleo Buffalo Sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar (or other form of white vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 medium sized lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Baked Chicken Wings:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash the chicken wings and pat dry.
- Sprinkle evenly with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Bake at 400 for 45 minutes (time will vary – start watching after 40 minutes and bake until they start to look brown).
Paleo Buffalo Sauce:
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the cayenne, hot paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Stir until evenly combined.
- Squeeze in the lemon and add the vinegar.
- Take off heat and stir until evenly combined.
- Set aside or pour into a seal-able container for later use.
- Once the wings have cooled a little from the oven, put them in a gallon Ziploc bag and pour the buffalo sauce over. Seal the bag and shake for a good minute. This will evenly coat the wings. Pour into a bowl and serve!
Note: use a different kind of white vinegar instead of the rice vinegar to make them 21DSD compliant
15 Responses to “Paleo Buffalo Wings”
Pingback: Paleo Chicken Snacks | Paleo Snacks - Easy Paleo Snacks that will help you eat healthy during social events.
Pingback: Need recipe for buffalo sauce | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page