- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all the loaf ingredients together. I recommend you use your hands to smash and combine – you can feel when the texture is even.
- In an oven safe pan (I like to use my non-stick turkey roasting pan), form your loaf.
- Bake at 375 F for 45 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all ingredients for your sauce together.
- At the end of the 45 minutes, pull loaf from oven and turn heat up to 450 F.
- Frost the loaf with the sauce. Like a cake, place all the sauce on top of the loaf and carefully spread down until it evenly covers all sides.
- When the oven is at 450 F, put the coated loaf back in the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- If the tomato sauce still looks watery, leave in the oven for 5 minutes at a time until it has a texture you’re happy with.
- Let cool slightly, then serve!
[Note: this meatloaf makes for amazing leftovers. Just cover with plastic wrap and reheat slices when you want. It will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge.]