Paleo Pumpkin Curry
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 tablespoons ghee, grass-fed butter, or EVCO (extra virgin coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely shaved
- 2–3 pounds chicken thighs, cut into 1” cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 30 ounces pumpkin puree (about 3 cups)
- 24 ounces tomato puree or tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 13.5 ounces canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 limes, juiced
- Melt the butter in a large pot or pan. Add the shaved fresh ginger to the hot butter and stir until fragrant – this will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Dust the cubbed chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and ground pepper. Toss them in the hot, ginger butter and cook until slightly browned on all sides and they’re all mostly cooked through.
- Add the pumpkin puree, tomato puree, curry powder, and remaining teaspoon of sea salt. Stirl to thoroughly incorporate, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the coconut milk and lime juice. Let the curry come back up to temperature then remove from heat.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or jasmine rice.