Posted by https://fedandfit.com/pancetta-apricot-stuffing-with-a-brandy-pecan-glaze/
© 2011 Fed + Fit. All rights reserved.
Pancetta Apricot Stuffing with a Brandy Pecan Glaze
- 1 loaf of Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread (I used the Ezekiel bread found in the frozen section – easier to cut once thawed a bit) – cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 ounces Diced Pancetta
- 8 ounces Dried Apricots – cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary – finely diced
- 2 Large Shallots –chopped
- 6 Large Garlic Cloves – grated
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar – packed
- 6 ounces Pecans – roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Calvados (or other Brandy)
- 1 Stick Salted Butter
- 2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper to Taste
- Turn the oven on broil and line two large baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Toss the bread cubes with the shaved garlic, olive oil, some salt and pepper then place on the baking sheets.
- Broil for approximately 5 minutes, tossing every few minutes to be sure the bread toasts evenly.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees. Set a 9x13 inch at 2 inch deep baking dish aside.
- In a sauté pan, crisp the pancetta. Add the shallots and cook until tender.
- Combine the croutons, pancetta/shallots, rosemary, and apricots. Pour this mixture into the baking dish and pat down so that it’s even.
- Pour the chicken stock overtop of this mixture.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, pecans, and brandy. Simmer until all ingredients are dissolved. Once finished, pour this mixture evenly over the rest of the stuffing in the baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Take the foil off and place back in oven for 10 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!