Pesto Prosciutto Chicken Breasts
- Prep Time: 1 hour (inc. pesto)
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
Roasted Garlic Pesto Ingredients::
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- cracked pepper to taste
Pesto Prosciutto Chicken Breast Ingredients::
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2”-thick
- 12 pieces prosciutto
- 4 tablespoons roasted garlic pesto
- kitchen twine
Roasted Garlic Pesto Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- To roast the garlic: peel the outer layers of the garlic skin off leaving the cloves still attached. Cut the top of the bulb off. Cut the tops of cloves hiding on the side. Wrap in aluminum foil with the cut side up. Bake at 375 F (muffin pans work great to keep them upright) for 30-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before you handle.
- Toast the pine nuts in a medium-sized pan over low heat. Stir them constantly and remove from heat when they’re slightly brown and fragrant. Careful, they can burn easily.
- Add basil, lemon juice, roasted garlic, ½ the EVOO, and toasted pine nuts to a food processor. Pulse until it’s evenly combined.
- Add the salt, pepper, and remaining EVOO to the food processor. Pulse until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Use right away or spoon into an ice cube tray to freeze and store in a Zipoc bag for easy access in the future.
Pesto Prosciutto Chicken Breast Directions:
- Lay several cuts of 8”-long kitchen twine down on a piece of plastic wrap first. Lay the 12 pieces of prosciutto on top of the twine and the chicken breast on top of the prosciutto.
- Spoon the pesto along the long center of the chicken and then use the plastic wrap to help you roll the whole thing together. It will resemble a small pork tenderloin when you’re finished.
- Place the stuffed breasts on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 minutes.
- Let it rest for about 5 minutes, cut the twine away, slice and serve!