Pumpkin Pie Banana Nut Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 18 muffins 1x
Pumpkin Pie Banana Nut Muffins:
- 1 cup overripe banana, mashed (1–2 bananas worth)
- 15 ounces pure canned pumpkin (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (may substitute apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice (see below for recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice (makes 2 tablespoons):
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Using a hand or stand mixer, cream the mashed bananas, pumpkin, and eggs together until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda until it’s even and you’ve broken all the clumps.
- Adding about 1/2 cup at a time, sprinkle the dry ingredients into the wet and stir or mix until smooth. Continue for the entire batch.
- Line a muffin tin with either paper liners or rub liberally with butter. Spoon the batter evenly into 18 liners, filling about 3/4 full. Sprinkle each muffin with about 1 teaspoon of chopped pecans.
- Bake at 350 F for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.