Posted by https://fedandfit.com/rustic-instant-pot-short-ribs/
© 2017 Wellness & Healthy Living - Recipes, Blogs, Podcasts & Books | Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Short Ribs
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 3 pounds short ribs
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespooons or 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs sage
- Set Instant Pot to 'saute' mode and add ghee.
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper. Once ghee is melted, add short ribs to the Instant pot to brown, 4-5 minutes per side. You will need to work in 2-3 batches to make sure you don't overcrowd the pan.
- Once the short ribs are browned, remove them from the pan and add the garlic, and saute until fragrant.
- Next, add the red wine, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Then, add the balsamic vinegar and lemon juice. Add the short ribs back to the pot along with the rosemary and sage.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set it to "manual" and adjust to 45 minutes. Let the pressure release for about 15-20 minutes, then open the pot.