Salted Chocolate Freezer Bark
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12-15 servings
- 9 – 10 ounces dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (may sub sunbutter for a nut-free option)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- Using either a double-boiler or 3-5, 30-second spells in the microwave, slowly melt the chocolate. It’s important that you stir constantly with a rubber spatula and remove from heat as soon as all of the solid pieces are gone.
- Pour the vanilla extract into the melted chocolate. Be sure to stir until it’s completely incorporated.
- Pour the melted chocolate in the middle of a large square of unbleached parchment paper on a baking sheet. Using your spatula, carefully spread the chocolate out into a 1/4″-thick layer.
- If your almond butter isn’t already runny or smooth, heat it up just a bit. Drizzle the 2 tablespoons of almond butter over the chocolate. Using a dinner fork, make sweeps through the almond butter and chocolate to create the marbled look.
- Sprinkle with half the sea salt and then transfer the sheet to the freezer to set for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer when it’s completely hardened. Using either a knife or your hands, break the bark into pieces. Sprinkle with the remaining sea salt and transfer to a freezer-safe jar for enjoyment months to come!