Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Shoulder
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings 1x
- 1, 3 to 4 pound bone-in pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, ghee, or avocado oil
- 1 to 2 cups cranberry sauce
- fresh cranberries, for garnish (optional)
- fresh Italian parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Sprinkle the salt over both sides of the pork shoulder. Melt the butter in either your oven-safe slow cooker insert or a large frying pan. Add the meat and sear on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until a light brown sear develops. Flip the meat over and sear for an additional 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to the slow cooker and cover with the cranberry sauce. Cook on high for 4 hours, or until the meat easily falls apart with a fork. Shred the pork with two forks and garnish with the fresh cranberries and parsley, if desired.
- Serve on a bed of mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower and enjoy!
Instant Pot Version:
- Add oil to instant pot bowl and select sauce button to heat.
- Add the seasoned pork roast and sear on all sides, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- When roast has been seared on all sides, press Cancel and pour cranberry sauce over pork.
- Cover pot, lock on the lid, and set the steam release valve to Sealing
- Select the Meat/Stew or Pressure Cook button and set the cook time to 60 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle has finished, allow the pot to sit for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release by moving the valve to Venting.
- Serve as stated above.