Southwestern Breakfast Frittata
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 Tablespoon grass-fed butter, ghee, or extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 pound skirt steak, tenderized
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning (or salt & pepper to taste)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 purple onion, sliced
- 12 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (~175°C).
- In a medium or large frying pan, melt the butter.
- Dust the skirt steak with the steak seasoning or salt and pepper.
- When the butter is melted and bubbling, add the steak and leave it undisturbed for 5 minutes. Flip the steak and cook on the other side for an additional 5 minutes. Remove the meat from the pan and let it rest on a cutting board while you cook the vegetables.
- Add the chopped peppers and onion to the hot frying pan with the steak drippings. Sautée until the onions become translucent and the peppers slightly charred. Turn off the heat.
- Chop the meat into bite-sized pieces and add back in the pan with the cooked vegetables.
- Scramble the 12 eggs together and pour over the beef and vegetable fajitas. Stir to evenly spread the eggs throughout the mixture.
- Bake at 350 F for 30–35 minutes, or until the center is firm.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, cut, and then serve with the cilantro and a couple slices of avocado for each slice.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.