Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1, 8 ounce jar coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoonfish sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 head green cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons green onion, coarsely chopped
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scrape out the seeds, and place it in a rimmed baking dish face-down with 1/4 cup of water. Bake at 375 F for 1 hour, or until soft. Once cooked, set aside until cool enough to handle. Once cooled, scrape the squash out into a large bowl.
- For the sauce, add all the coconut aminos to a large skillet over medium heat. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it thickens to coat the back of a spoon. Scrape the sauce into a separate bowl and add the vinegar, sesame oil, and fish sauce. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the olive oil and the onion. Saute the onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned and fragrant. Add the cabbage, celery, and garlic. Saute over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally so that it develops a slight char.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, stir in the spaghetti squash and the sauce. Mix to combine, garnish with the sesame seeds and onion, and serve!