Spiced Harvest Mule
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
For the syrup:
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/8th teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 whole cloves
- 2–3 tablespoons above prepared syrup, to taste
- 3 ounces (2 shots) whiskey
- 1/2 cup ginger beer
- 1 blood orange slice, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine all of the ingredients and whisk well to incorporate.
- Cook the syrup for 10-15 minutes until reduced by half, whisking frequently to prevent burning.
- Once reduced, remove syrup from heat and strain to remove cinnamon and cloves.
- In a copper mug, combine 2-3 tablespoons prepared syrup, whiskey, and ginger beer, stirring well.
- Add ice, and garnish with a blood orange slice.