Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
2012 is almost at a close!
I hope when you look back on this year, the good and the bad, you are inspired to pursue 2013 with love and positivity.
I have one more recipe up my sleeve that will help bring your holiday partying to a tasty close. Warm roasted nuts are one of my go-to pre-appetizer snacks that I’ll lay out during a holiday party; or more specifically, a New Year’s Eve party.
Don’t be confused and think, “bar nuts?” No, these are nothing like bar nuts. These spicy roasted cashews are an exquisite, warm, seasonal treat that will have your guests raving.
If you’re not entertaining, bag them up just before your leave the house. They make great host/hostess gifts.
I hope you enjoy and are able to ring in the New Year over chilled champagne and warm toasts to a wonderful and blessed 2013.
- 2 pounds raw cashews
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the raw cashews out over the baking sheet, making sure that they aren't overlapping.
- Bake for approximately 7-9 minutes or until they’re slightly golden brown.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the olive oil, rosemary, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- When the cashews are finished in the oven, transfer them to a large bowl, pour in the seasoned olive oil and stir until all the nuts are evenly coated.
- Serve warm in a bowl.