Sweet Chili Pork Chops
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 healthy-sized pork chops
- 2 Tbl steak seasoning (I like Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 1 dozen mild chili peppers sliced
- ½ small sweet onion chopped
- 7 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp grass-fed butter or EVOO
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Sprinkle a generous dusting of steak seasoning over your pork chops on one side.
- Place chops on an oven-safe large frying pan seasoned side down over high heat.
- Season the other (up-facing) side.
- Sear on each side on high heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes (or until a meat thermometer reads at least 145 deg).
- In a separate frying pan, brown the onions in the butter.
- On medium-high heat, add the garlic and peppers.
- Sauté until the peppers have a slight crisp.
- Top the pork chops with a generous heap of the cooked peppers.
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Protein: 39.6 g