Teriyaki Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry
With shrimp, broccoli, snow peas, bell peppers, and a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce, this quick dinner is sure to become a weeknight favorite!
- Prep Time: 00:10
- Cook Time: 00:15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 5
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Asian
For the Teriyaki Sauce
For the Stir Fry
2 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil, divided
1 ½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 cup snap peas
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
White rice, for serving
Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Add the coconut aminos to a small skillet over medium heat. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove the pan from heat then whisk in the vinegar, sesame oil, and fish sauce and set aside.
- While the teriyaki sauce is cooking, season the shrimp with salt add 1 tablespoon ghee to a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning halfway through, until pink and fully cooked through, then remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon ghee to the skillet along with the broccoli, snap peas, and bell pepper. Cook for 6-7 minutes, until vegetables are soft, then add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for an additional minute, until fragrant.
- Return the shrimp to the pan with the vegetables, then add the red pepper flakes and pour the teriyaki sauce over top. Stir to combine, then cook for one minute, until the sauce is bubbling.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve over white rice.
Keywords: shrimp, stir fry, broccoli, bell peppers