The Slim Palate Paleo Cookbook’s Broccoli Soup
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 3 stalks broccoli
- salt and pepper to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon of each)
- optional goat cheese and extra virgin olive oil for garnish
- Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Trim stems off broccoli so that you’re only left with the florets then add to boiling water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste then let simmer with lid on over medium/low heat for about 7 minutes or until the broccoli is fork-tender.
- Strain broccoli away from water (saving water) and place in a blender.
- Pour the seasoned cooking water just over the broccoli until covered.
- Blend until smooth, add more salt/pepper to taste, and garnish with goat cheese or extra virgin olive oil.