Meet Cassy Joy!
Oh BOY am I happy that you’re here! I really mean that. Welcome to my home!
I’ve been fed, fit, healthy, and blogging about it since 2011. Here’s a little more about my story:
After years of fruitless dieting, I found myself in the middle of my 24th year on this earth and in really poor health. I woke up each morning with debilitating joint pain, fatigue, mental fog, and a mountain of anxiety. I really thought I was “doing all the right things,” but couldn’t figure out why my waistline kept growing and why my pain kept increasing. After graduating from Texas A&M University with my Bachelor of Science, I decided to continue my education in nutrition research – convinced that food could be the problem AND the solution.
After my studies, I chose a grain-free, dairy-free, artificial ingredient-free lifestyle so many of us have come to know as “Paleo.” Boy Howdy let me tell you, it worked. Something finally WORKED! After just one year following a Paleo template AND integrating a mixed fitness routine, I lost 10 dress sizes, lived pain-free, and experienced more energy than ever before. I made conscious efforts to rewire my food addictions, overcome body obsession, and life happily ever after.
I originally started this blog simply as a way to share my new recipes and kitchen tricks with inquiring family and friends! They witnessed my transformation and wanted to know more. I never imagined that it would continue to blossom into my full-time “I can’t believe this is my job” job. This community that YOU are a part of means the world to me. We’re a group of the happiest, most positive, fun-loving people I’ve ever come across and I just ADORE working for you.
Where you can find my work:
- There are over 200 free recipes on this blog that you can peruse!
- I have one SUPER helpful Holiday Feast eBook that’s a great resource for healthy holiday meal. Find it HERE.
- I publish my weekly healthy food/fitness/mindset 30-minute podcast every Monday on iTunes and Stitcher.
- I run my very own month-long food and fitness program (The Fed+Fit Project) where readers can enroll and walk through the very steps I used to right-size my heath and my life! Enrollment is currently closed while we make some big updates, but it will open back up early next year! You can sign up to learn more about the project HERE.
- My “no spam ever, ever” newsletter includes weekly summaries of ALL the content, so you won’t miss a thing! You can sign up HERE.
- YouTube video series **COMING Spring 2016
- First Printed Publication **COMING Summer 2016
When I’m not working, you can usually find me spending time with my husband and our Great Pyrenees fur baby Gus. I love to play golf, listen to audio books (especially great for grocery shopping and meal prep days), sparkling water on ice with a generous squeeze of lime, Kate Spade pumps in ALL the crazy colors, and my sweet little family.
Thanks again for being here!
Lots of love,