Meet Cassy Joy!
Oh BOY am I happy that you're here! I really mean that. Welcome to my home!
I've been fed, fit, healthy, and blogging about it since 2011. Here's a little more about my story:
After years of fruitless dieting, I found myself in the middle of my 24th year on this earth and in really poor health. I woke up each morning with debilitating joint pain, fatigue, mental fog, and a mountain of anxiety. I really thought I was “doing all the right things,” but couldn't figure out why my waistline kept growing and why my pain kept increasing. After graduating from Texas A&M University with my Bachelor of Science, I decided to continue my education in nutrition research – convinced that food could be the problem AND the solution.
After my studies, I chose a grain-free, dairy-free, artificial ingredient-free lifestyle so many of us have come to know as “Paleo.” Boy Howdy let me tell you, it worked. Something finally WORKED! After just one year following a Paleo template AND integrating a mixed fitness routine, I lost 10 dress sizes, lived pain-free, and experienced more energy than ever before. I made conscious efforts to rewire my food addictions, overcome body obsession, and life happily ever after.
I originally started this blog simply as a way to share my new recipes and kitchen tricks with inquiring family and friends! They witnessed my transformation and wanted to know more. I never imagined that it would continue to blossom into my full-time “I can't believe this is my job” job. This community that YOU are a part of means the world to me. We're a group of the happiest, most positive, fun-loving people I've ever come across and I just ADORE working for you.
Where you can find my work:
- There are over 200 free recipes on this blog that you can peruse!
- I have one SUPER helpful Holiday Feast eBook that's a great resource for healthy holiday meal. Find it HERE.
- I publish my weekly healthy food/fitness/mindset 30-minute podcast every Monday on iTunes and Stitcher.
- I run my very own month-long food and fitness program (The Fed+Fit Project) where readers can enroll and walk through the very steps I used to right-size my heath and my life! Enrollment is currently closed while we make some big updates, but it will open back up early next year! You can sign up to learn more about the project HERE.
- My “no spam ever, ever” newsletter includes weekly summaries of ALL the content, so you won't miss a thing! You can sign up HERE.
- YouTube video series **COMING Summer 2016
- First Printed Publication **COMING Summer 2016
When I'm not working, you can usually find me spending time with my husband and our Great Pyrenees fur baby Gus. I love to play golf, listen to audio books (especially great for grocery shopping and meal prep days), sparkling water on ice with a generous squeeze of lime, Kate Spade pumps in ALL the crazy colors, and my sweet little family.
When asked what she believes is her mission on this Earth, she replies, “I strive to empathize with people. I thrive when I connect with others in order to nurture them in a way that helps them feel that they are not alone in this world.”
10 THINGS YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT ME
- I’ve been told I look a lot like Casey Musgraves, Shailene Woodley (when she had long hair), and Victoria Justice, and fellow Texan Sandra Bullock.
- I’ve never been on a book tour before. The tour for “Fed & Fit’ will kick off in my hometown of San Antonio and will continue throughout Texas, California and Colorado. I have already done my research on healthy food and workout options in each town. Traveling won’t stand in the way of my healthy lifestyle!
- I graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Science in Entomology (bugs)! I collected and then contributed almost 500 specimens to an insect library on the small Caribbean island, Dominica, during my study abroad.
- I deliberately retained my maiden name of Garcia for my business because I’m proud of my Latino heritage. All of my siblings are women, so this is my way of continuing to honor the name given to my grandfather, whose family emigrated from Mexico.
- I have a 30-minute podcast on iTunes and Stitcher called Fed & Fit that posts every Monday. I cover how to live a healthy lifestyle, maintain best fitness practices and a positive mindset. I’m so excited that we are adding an anonymous call segment where I get to interact with people seeking advice on how to live a healthy lifestyle.
- When I was an infant, a commercial agent approached my mom and asked if I wanted to be in a TV ad and she politely declined. She soon found out that the commercial was the first gig Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen ever got! What could have been!!
- I draw most of my inspiration and creativity from road trips. I love visiting new places and trying new foods. Some of my favorite places to visit are Seattle WA; Portland, OR; NYC; Austin, TX; Nashville, TN; and Chicago, IL.
- In an effort to get his girls interested in professional football (we only care about Aggie football), my Dad gifted us each a single share of Green Bay Packers stock.
- I still have three metal plates and a couple dozen screws in my elbow. I shattered my elbow during a snow boarding accident in my early 20’s and after the intense surgery and painful rehabilitation; I defied all odds, regained full mobility, and got my golf game back.
- I cheat on Paleo! We’re not all perfect, right? My go-to’s are popcorn, pizza, anything with goat cheese, red wine, and I can’t turn down a chocolate peanut butter cup…all in moderation though!
Thanks again for being here!
Lots of love,