ABOUT FED + FIT
We’re a media company that empowers the healthiest version of ourselves. Whether it's a delicious recipe, clean beauty, or a forward-thinking mindset, we believe that healthy living can be fun. Founded by holistic nutritionist Cassy Joy Garcia in 2011, we’re a wellness powerhouse with multiple verticals, including:
- Original food, wellness, style, lifestyle, and travel content on our website that generates 450k+ monthly pageviews
- Thriving social media presences of 235k+ followers across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and Twitter
- Best-selling cookbooks
- Brand collaborations
- Our year-long membership course, the Cook Once Academy
And we’re just getting started!
About the Junior copy editor position
We’re looking for a Junior Copy Editor who is a digitally savvy, confident writer that can capture and magnify our company’s essence to elevate our brand in the health and wellness space. The Junior Copy Editor will assist the team with updating older content for relevance and SEO compliance, drafting new content weekly for the website, and bringing inspired ideas for new content to the team. This role is a dream job for anyone who wants to create, innovate, experiment, and strategize, and we'll empower you to flex your creative muscles for results. This role requires writing experience and the ability to produce content for marketing, recipe development, events, digital, and creative.
Duties can include (not limited to):
- Assess old content for relevance and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) compliance and make necessary updates.
- Conduct research for and write new articles.
- Pitch new content ideas to support brand goals and drive user engagement.
- Write weekly email newsletter.
- Draft social media posts.
- Research answers to community questions.
- Assist in the kitchen and with recipe testing as needed.
- Create optimization strategies to improve our search engine results.
- Edit additional resources such as eBooks, one-pagers, and online programs as needed.
- Prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously, often with tight deadlines.
- Work successfully as both part of a team across many disciplines and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Monitor daily performance metrics to understand SEO strategy performance.
The ideal candidate for Junior Copy Editor will identify with most of the items below.
- Excellent writer – writing comes naturally to you and you’re capable of writing lively, engaging content.
- Passionate about food – you know your way around the kitchen, have a love for food and wellness, and want to share it with the world!
- Highly organized – you love a good spreadsheet and a color-coded system. You'll be responsible for managing many moving parts on a daily basis, so keeping track of details will be essential!
- Self-motivated – you should be a self-starter who doesn't need to be told what to do and is able to anticipate what needs to get done next.
- Able to multitask – you'll be handling many responsibilities every day from writing new content to troubleshooting reader requests. You will need to be able to prioritize these tasks and make sure everything is done in a timely manner.
- Positive attitude – we're in the growing stages of our business, which means that we are constantly learning and changing direction, so days can be long! You should be able to handle change, get excited by the opportunity to learn new skills and be ready to take on new tasks.
- Communicative – you have excellent professional written and verbal communication skills and know-how to keep everyone informed when tasks are received and completed.
- Experience with the following systems: Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs, Dropbox, and WordPress is a plus
- Experience with SEO is a plus
- Equal love for kale and cupcakes (not required!)
How to Apply
- Familiarize yourself with the brand! Check out the books, explore the website, and dig into social media.
- Draft a letter of intent to include: a brief overview of why you think you’re the best fit for this position and where YOU think FF will be in the next 4 years.
- Email your letter of intent, a sample creative writing piece, and an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay tuned, we’ll be back in touch with the next steps! Applicants moving on to the next round(s) will have an initial interview and a final in-person interview with the whole FF team.
The job is in San Antonio, TX with no option for remote work (you must be local). This is a 6-month contract full-time position that is currently open and work will begin in mid-November. At Fed + Fit, we value positivity and integrity, and these qualities are imperative for the Junior Copy Editor role.