ABOUT FED + FIT
We’re a media company that empowers the healthiest version of ourselves. Whether it's a delicious recipe, clean beauty, or a forward-thinking mindset, we believe that healthy living can be fun. Founded by holistic nutritionist Cassy Joy Garcia in 2011, we’re a wellness powerhouse with multiple verticals, including:
- Original food, wellness, style, lifestyle, and travel content on our website that generates 450k+ monthly pageviews
- Thriving social media presences of 235k+ followers across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and Twitter
- Best-selling cookbooks
- Brand collaborations
- Our year-long membership course, the Cook Once Academy
And we’re just getting started!
About the Chief of Staff Position
We’re looking for a Chief of Staff who will act as the integrator and glue of Fed & Fit’s business operations and creative projects.
Working hand in hand with our visionary founder Cassy Joy Garcia, you’ll be the tactical “how” to Cassy’s “what” & “why” by integrating the team and authoritatively bringing the big dreams of our fast-growing company to life.
At Fed & Fit, we value positivity and integrity, and these qualities are imperative for our first-ever Chief of Staff role. We’re looking for someone who will grow with the company and take us to the next level in the food and wellness space. You’ll be the driver and operator of all our projects, and we’ll empower you to treat this business like your own.
As Chief of Staff, you’ll be accountable for the end-to-end business operations of Fed & Fit. You’ll have the space to figure out the best solutions for the best results while acting as Cassy’s right hand.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Project management, including partnerships, editorial calendars, video content, and social media channels
- Management and development of our full-time staff and contractors
- Quality control of all external-facing elements of the brand
- Planning and strategy to make our big goals a reality
Your First Six Months
Your first month will be fast-moving and fun, where we’ll bring you up to speed to our company’s many moving parts from within our San Antonio headquarters. You’ll have met with everyone on the Fed & Fit team (including trusted contractors and consultants) and develop a deeper understanding of our core values.
Some of the responsibilities you’ll do within your first month include:
- Meeting with Cassy to understand the history and greater vision for Fed & Fit
- Meeting with individual team members to understand their role and potential
- Meeting with third-party providers, such as consultants and contractors
- Auditing our current project management process to create capacity
- Devising a project management framework and system to transform brainstorms into actuality
- Within three months, you’ll have familiarity with our ongoing and upcoming projects, and you’ll be hands-on with managing all we have on the go.
In your first three months, you will:
- Act as quality control and an extra set of eyes before our work goes public
- Fully manage all the moving parts of our projects
- Regularly connect with Cassy to plan for upcoming commitments and potential ideas
- Call the shots on big decisions, such as content and partnerships
- Manage team members and maintain our high standards of integrity and positivity
- Develop solutions for any areas of improvement you’ve discovered
- Six months into your role, you’re going to develop a roadmap for Fed & Fit that gives the team a crystal clear vision of where we’re going as a company (and why it matters).
By month six, you will:
- Develop a long-term activation plan for ideas, projects, and dreams for 2022 and beyond
- Advocate on behalf of Fed & Fit’s vision to motivate and inspire the team
- Finesse our project management process to ensure maximum efficiency and quality
- Drive execution among our team while fostering a supportive environment
- Create learning and development opportunities for team members
- Tackle hurdles as opportunities (and thriving while doing it)
- Integrate all major operational parts of the business
The ideal candidate for Chief of Staff will identify with most of the items below. If some of these points don’t align with you, we still encourage you to apply! We’re always open to an alternative perspective.
- 7+ years of operational experience as an integrator, project manager, operations director, or account director
- Proven track record of successfully growing a scale-up or medium-sized organization
- Deep understanding of project management, including interpersonal skills for success
- Extraverted with an ability to develop and nurture the potential in others
- Experience authoritatively running editorial or content operations
- Demonstrated discerning eye for creative content, including photography and video
- Solutions-driven mind with a knack for developing long-term efficiencies
- Passion for project management tools
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- High standards of excellence and achievement
- Experience with the effective management of a nimble team
- Equal love for kale and cupcakes (not required!)
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Personal and professional development
- Relocation fees to San Antonio covered
How to Apply
You can submit your job application through any of the following job sites: