Join Our Team
We are now hiring for a Junior Editor! We are looking for a digitally savvy content editor who is a confident writer with a passion for all things food and wellness who wants to grow with us and is truly committed to helping us building this brand.
The junior editor will assist the team with updating our older content for relevance and SEO compliance, drafting new content weekly for the website, and bringing inspired ideas for new content to the team.
About Fed and Fit
Fed and Fit is an online editorial founded in 2011 by Cassy Joy Garcia. As a food, wellness, and lifestyle site, we help our readers live healthier, happier lives without the stress of doing so perfectly. We do this through our weekly online content, two printed publications (Fed & Fit and Cook Once Eat All Week), a wellness program, podcast, video, and more.
Fed and Fit is growing quickly and brimming with potential as we continue to expand in all areas of our business. Our team is incredibly passionate about what we do and committed to helping our readers by producing content that solves real problems. As a company, we value hard work, positivity, and innovation.
Though our reach is worldwide, Fed and Fit is headquartered out of San Antonio, TX. We are currently building our first office (with an in-house kitchen studio) and we are looking to expand our team locally.
Duties can include (not limited to):
- Assess old content for relevance and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) compliance and make necessary updates.
- Conduct research for and write new articles and recipes.
- Pitch new content ideas to support brand goals and drive user engagement.
- Write weekly email newsletter.
- Draft social media posts.
- Research answers to community questions.
- Assist in the kitchen and with recipe testing as needed.
- Edit additional resources such as eBooks, one-pagers, and online programs as needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent writer – writing comes naturally to you and you’re capable of writing lively, engaging content.
- Passionate about food – you know your way around the kitchen, have a love for food and wellness, and want to share it with the world!
- Highly organized – You love a good spreadsheet and a color-coded system. You'll be responsible for managing many moving parts on a daily basis, so managing details will be essential!
- Self-motivated – you should be a self-starter who doesn't need to be told what to do and is able to anticipate what needs to get done next.
- Able to multitask – you'll be handling many responsibilities every day from writing new content to troubleshooting reader requests. You will need to be able to prioritize these tasks and make sure everything is done in a timely manner.
- Positive Attitude – we're in the growing stages of our business which means that we are constantly learning, and sometimes changing direction, so days can be long! You should be able to handle change, get excited by the opportunity to learn new skills, and be ready to take on new tasks.
- Communicative – you have excellent professional written and verbal communication skills and know how to keep everyone informed when tasks are received and completed.
- Experience with the following systems:
- Microsoft Office
- Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs
- Experience with WordPress is a plus
- Experience with Trello is a plus
- Previous experience with writing or SEO is a plus.
The job is in San Antonio, TX with no option for remote work (you must be local). I encourage you only consider applying if you’re interested in a lasting career in the online editorial world – one that, hopefully, you can grow into during your tenure at Fed & Fit. The full-time position is currently open and work will begin immediately.
How to Apply
- Familiarize yourself with the brand! Check out the books, explore the website, and dig into social media.
- Take the following personality tests: there are NO WRONG ANSWERS – just be honest
- Draft a letter of intent to include: a brief overview of why you think you’re the best fit for this position, where YOU think FF will be in the next 4 years (with a description of your role at that time), and the results of your above personality tests.
- Email your letter of intent + updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay tuned, I’ll be back in touch with next steps! Applicants moving onto the next round(s) will have an initial interview (via Zoom), a sample work project, and a final in-person interview with the whole FF team.