Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
Lunch break! When you make your own lunch, you have total control over what goes into it. I like to eat a fresh lunch that fills my tummy without making me sleepy. There’s nothing worse than the 3PM crash that has you reaching for munchies just to stay awake.
This is my turkey parsley (on butter lettuce) salad that I topped with homemade fat free creamy cumin dressing. I cut up half a cucumber on the side really just as an excuse to eat more dressing. I sprinkled sunflower seeds on the salad for added flavor and necessary healthy fat. Although I went home to make this salad, you can easily put it together the morning before work or school and take it with you. Keep the salad and the dressing separate until just before serving. It’s a great savory summer combo.
This dressing is another example of how non-fat Greek yogurt is a great way to get your creamy fix without consuming too many calories. One container of Greek yogurt only has 100 calories. This dressing recipe makes about two generous servings (approx. 50 cals per serving) – I make mine in a Tupperware container for ease of storage later.
I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups butter lettuce
- 6 ish slices of deli turkey meat torn
fat-free creamy cumin dressing
- 1 6 oz container of dairy free plain yogurt
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 t cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 handful of fresh Italian parsley
- 1 T raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- ½ cucumber sliced as a side
- Wash and cut the butter lettuce into bite-size pieces. Top with the turkey, parsley, and sunflower seeds. Slice the cucumber into ¼” discs and put on the side.
- Mix all the ingredients together then drizzle over your salad.
Leave a Reply