Paleo Peach Cobbler

Fruit cobblers are one of the easiest desserts to make and enjoy on a healthy-living diet. How to do it? Cut the extra sugar, the fruit is sweet enough; use almond meal instead of flour, it’s crumbly and delicious; and finally, use FRESH produce, the canned stuff should not be considered a fruit.

Peach cobbler is my favorite cobbler. Every year, I eagerly wait for peach season – or to me, peach cobbler season.

Peach cobbler brings back wonderful memories of summer, family gatherings, and camping.

I grew up as a Girl Scout – or rather, I LOVED camping, so I stayed in Girl Scouts. I grew to love the organization for other reasons, but it definitely started because of my love for the outdoors.

A campout wouldn’t be the same without a few foodie staples: foil dinners, s’mores, and dutch oven peach cobber.

This peach cobbler recipe is slightly elevated with fresh thyme for our adult “Glamping” pallets. The thyme brings a rustic savory flavor to this summertime classic.

[Glamping = glamorous camping. It usually involves wine, air mattresses, fire starters, and paleo thyme peach cobbler.]

What does peach cobbler remind you of?

Approximate Nutrition Facts:

Serving size: ~1/2 cup

90 Calories; 3 g Fat; 1 g Protein; 14 g Sugar

Paleo Peach Cobbler

Makes 9 Adult Servings

4 fresh peaches

1 cup almond meal

2 Tbl extra virgin coconut oil cold/room temperature

1 tsp cinnamon

1 Tbl fresh thyme minced

2 Tbl raw honey

Preheat your oven to 375 F.

Wash and dry the peaches.

Cut the peaches, discarding the pit, into 8 pieces per half.

Toss the peaches with the thyme and honey.

Pour into a 8” x 10” oven-safe dish.

In a separate bowl, stir the cinnamon into the almond meal.

Add the cold/solid coconut oil.

Massage the coconut oil into the almond meal with your hands until it is evenly distributed. You’re looking for a consistent crumbly texture.

Sprinkle the almond meal over the peaches.

Bake at 375 F for 45 minutes.

Let cool slightly then enjoy!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cooking Time: 45 minutes

13 Responses to “Paleo Peach Cobbler”

paleoinportlandposted August 5, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Wow, this sounds great with the thyme in it. What a nice combination of flavors, and different too.

• fedandfit replied: — August 5th, 2012 @ 4:47 pm

Thank you!

Chikachefposted August 6, 2012 at 11:59 am

Yum! This is something that I know my family will enjoy, including those who really don’t want to think they’re eating healthy (the youngest.) Thanks!

Lindsay Bareposted August 9, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I just made this and had it alongside Blue Moon’s newest Caramel Apple Cider Ale. Delish! Made my night even though it kind of ruined the paleo part :)

• fedandfit replied: — August 10th, 2012 @ 10:08 am

Awesome!! I had ice cream with mine too :)

Rainaposted August 26, 2013 at 10:22 am

This was really yummy! I left out the thyme because I really dislike it, and I subbed pasture butter for the coconut oil. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. The only thing I had to change was the cook time, it was ready and browned in about 30 minutes. I think if I had left it for 45 it would have been a little burnt, but maybe using butter changed it. Overall it was delicious, not overly sweet but definitely flavorful!

• fedandfit replied: — August 26th, 2013 @ 1:56 pm

I’m so glad you liked it! I have been making it with gf butter, myself. Thanks for the comment!

Coco in the Kitchenposted August 12, 2014 at 4:45 am

Love the thyme. Great idea.

• Cassy replied: — August 17th, 2014 @ 8:04 pm