Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
It’s dessert time again, and I cannot wait to share this Blueberry Coconut Crumble with you! I like to cook and bake with what fruits and vegetables are in season. The seasonal fruits and vegetables are usually more flavorful, richer in color/vitamins, and less expensive! The berries this summer have been phenomenal. As a finishing touch to the dinner I served my friends of Roasted Whole Herb Chicken, Zucchini Pasta, and Sautéed Merlot Mushrooms, I created this beautiful baked blueberry coconut crumble.
I recently couldn’t pass up blueberries in the grocery store, so that’s what I used! I mixed blue berries with local raw honey and cinnamon and then topped with a dry crumbled mixture of almond meal, coconut flakes, more cinnamon, and chopped pecans. I popped the dish in the oven just as we were sitting down to eat our main meal – this way, it’s finished and perfectly warm when you are ready for something sweet. This blueberry coconut crumble could be my most favorite dessert of all time! If you really want to get a little crazy, you can do what we did here and make this bad boy into an ice cream for the perfect summer sweet treat as well!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 T raw local honey
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 T chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and set a pie dish aside (you can use any baking dish you have – metal and ceramic work just fine they just have slightly different cooking times).
- After washing your blueberries, mix them with the honey, 1 t cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into the baking dish and set aside.
- Mix your dry crumble topping by adding the shredded coconut, almond meal, and the remaining t of cinnamon together.
- Evenly sprinkle this dry topping over the blueberries.
- Top the whole thing off with a sprinkling of chopped pecans and place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes then serve and enjoy!