How Much Water to Drink

Fed & Fit
Fed & Fit

    Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links will result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost for you), but all opinions are my own. You can find our full affiliate disclaimer here

    jump to recipe print

    Happy detox Saturday! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends, family, and lots of pie. After two days of giant meals and leftovers galore, I’m settling back down and entering recovery mode.

    I abide by an 80/20 approach to healthy eating. I eat healthy 80% of the time and don’t feel guilty when I indulge for the other 20%. Over the years, I’ve learned a few tips to help recover from indulgences and bounce back quickly.

    1. Drink water.

    More details below.

    2. Eat lots of vegetables.

    Plate up some LARGE leafy green salads and as many different vegetables as possible. (Avoid potatoes for about a day).

    3. Sweat.

    Get out there and sweat! Workouts are most important when you are the least motivated. Go for a run, drop into a CrossFit, pop in a workout tape, or put on your stretchy pants and find your inner yogi. Sweating out the toxins will help you feel tremendously better.

    Drinking water … (enough water)… is the most important part of recovery.

    Water helps fuel your metabolism, rid your body of toxins, and can provide you with surprising energy.

    how much water to drink

    The ultimate question is how much water SHOULD you drink?

    The standard answer of 8 glasses of water a day is pretty bogus, if you ask me. There’s no way that 8 glasses of water a day is sufficient for both a 120 lb girl and a 250 lb man.

    Below is the equation I use and recommend to others:

    how much water to drink diagram

    Moral of the story? Drink water when you can – especially when you’re thirsty. Put down the fruit juice and pour yourself a big glass of H2O.

    Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! I’ll see you next week with a recipe for persimmon walnut paleo mini muffins. They are delicious and I have the 3 year old fanatic to prove it.



    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *