These Loaded Breakfast Fries are essentially all our breakfast dreams come true. With crispy seasoned fries, sausage, avocado, picked onions, egg, and a cilantro hollandaise sauce, this breakfast bowl is a great way to get a tasty, fun meal on the table.
I’m currently fantasizing crashing the nearest sporting event, breaking into the announcer booth, grabbing the stadium mike and yelling, “ARE YOU READY …for this RECIPE???” I know this makes me a complete food geek and I’m good with it.
When we were filling out our recipe plans for the blog, we got REALLY excited about this recipe. I like to bring you delicious (Paleo-friendly) breakfast recipes on the regular, so we started thinking up a fun breakfast concept. We bounced all over the map and landed at what we wanted in that (and every) moment: fries …breakfast fries.
Now I’m imagining James Bond ordering, “fries …breakfast fries.”
If I saw breakfast fries on a menu, I’d fall out of my chair with excitement. SO, we knew we had to make them.
These seasoned breakfast fries are fully loaded with crispy breakfast sausage, pickled purple onions (feel free to use fresh), fresh avocado, a poached egg (feel free to swap in a fried or scrambled egg), and a generous drizzle of cilantro hollandaise sauce.
The fries are made “home fry” style in that they’re cut into cubes, heavily seasoned, and baked until crispy. A bite that contains a little of each component is everything we ever wanted in a breakfast.
If you’re ever hosting breakfast/brunch or just looking for a fun way to mix up your Sunday breakfast or even weekly meal prep efforts, this is a great option! Guests can make their own bowls, picking and choosing what they want on their plate.
Check out this video for a step-by-step:
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do!
Loaded Breakfast Fries
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Primal Palate meat & potatoes seasoning or seasoning blend of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pounds breakfast sausage
- 6-8 eggs cooked to your preference
- 1 batch cilantro hollandaise
- 1/3 cup pickled onions
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Dice potatoes into one inch cubes
- Toss potatoes with olive oil and meat & potatoes seasoning. Spread out on a baking sheet ensuring potatoes aren't overlapping and bake for 45 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, cook the breakfast sausage in a skillet over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, breaking up into crumbles.
- Next, cook the eggs to your preference. Poached or fried would both be delicious!