Pineapple Cilantro Goat Cheese Appetizerjump to recipe
We were cooking a turkey a few nights ago when it dawned on us that dinner wouldn’t be ready for a few hours. Hungry, I got creative and had some great success.
Cutting up a pineapple, although rewarding and a great way to release tension, can be a messy job. Thankfully, you can find already sectioned pineapples at your local grocery store. I like to get mine from Costco.
I heated up my grill pan and seared the pineapple bites until they had a decent char. I mixed the juice of one small lime and a handful of freshly chopped cilantro with 4 oz of fresh goat cheese.
The tangy sweet combination of the goat cheese with grilled pineapple is delicious.
The next time you’re entertaining, impress your guests with this refreshing and delicious appetizer.
If you run out of pineapple or don’t like it, I recommend grilling fresh corn tortillas and cutting into small wedges for dipping into the cilantro goat cheese spread.
Pineapple Cilantro Goat Cheese Appetizer0:00
- 1/2 medium sized pineapple, cut into triangles
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Place the pineapple triangles on a hot grill pan until evenly charred. Rotate and grill the other side.
- Mix the lime juice, cilantro, and goat cheese together.
- Put a dollop of goat cheese on each grilled pineapple piece.
- Spear with toothpicks for ease of eating and enjoy!