Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
Looking for something raw, crunchy, and in season? This raw fennel and zucchini salad is incredibly easy and delicious.
Fennel can be an intimidating vegetable at first. You may have seen it and thought, what on earth would I do with this? It tastes like liquorish and looks like the procreation from an onion and celery stock. Well, I’m not personally the biggest fan of anything liquorish flavored, but I love fennel. It adds an amazing crunch and flavor to any salad. I usually douse it in a lemon-juice based dressing, which cuts the liquorish flavor.
This is a salad you can easily prepare in advance. In fact, the flavors only intensify the longer you let them marinate in the dressing.
This salad will go well with any grilled protein, by its self as a light lunch, or perfectly with the protein I’ll unveil tomorrow.
- 1 fennel bulb with fronds
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 medium/small lemons juiced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar may sub with champagne or white wine vinegar
- cracked pepper to taste
- Shave or thinly slice the fennel bulb and zucchini together.
- *Note: to achieve the shaved texture, you can use a mandolin (if you happen to have one), a carrot peeler, or even the cheese slicer found on most freestanding graters.
- Chop and combine the parsley and fronds from the fennel (the green leafy portion found on the stalks) with the fennel/zucchini mixture.
- Combine the lemon juice and vinegar together. Pour over salad and toss regularly.
- Sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve.
Leave a Reply