Squeaky Clean Chicken & Veggie Bakejump to recipe
This Squeaky-Clean Chicken & Veggie Bake is my go-to when I want a no-fuss but highly nutritious dinner on the table. It's also a great way to use up those last vegetables in your veggie drawer at the end of the week!
Goodness, what an adventure this has been! In case you missed it, I traveled up to Portland, OR last Thursday to connect with my friend Diane Sanfilippo at the NTA Conference. I learned a lot, loved getting to spend some good quality time with several (new + old) friends, and enjoyed so many fabulous meals. Speaking of which, Portland knows how to EAT! If you have any trips planned there, I recommend Departure (fabulous Paleo, GF, and nut-free menus), Ox, and Olympia Provisions.
After Diane and I said our reluctant goodbyes in Portland yesterday, I hopped on a plane headed to Southern California. I arrived at the Ontario Airport (which is was such a refreshing quaint reprieve from nearby LAX), hopped in my spiffy (read: budget but comfortable) rental car, and enjoyed the 1.5 hour drive South to Murrieta with the windows down and new Lady Gaga album on repeat (I could to listen to “Grigio Girls” every day for the rest of my life).
I am just SO thrilled to be here at Primal Pastures! I'm here to collaborate with the Primally Pure team on a future (somewhat secret) project. I'm envisioning a few days of playing like a fabulous mad scientist; so, bring on the beakers and essential oils! If you want to follow along on this extended work trip of mine (next, I'm headed to LA for Expo West), be sure to pull up my Instagram, Instagram stories, and Snapchat!
NOW, let's get on-topic. This Squeaky Clean Chicken & Veggie Bake I'm sharing today is another one of those recipes that's more of a method than an exact science. Here's the method: choose a protein (in this case, chicken strips), toss it with a BUNCH of fresh vegetables, add oil, lemon juice, and seasonings. Stir, bake, and then enjoy! It's that simple, y'all. This is a great recipe for when you're looking for a way to clean out that veggie drawer before the next grocery shopping trip. It's delicious and will put a lovely variety of vegetables on your plate.
Note: if you decide to add starchy vegetables (think beets or potatoes) to this dish, THOSE will determine the cooking time. Keep piercing them with a fork and once they're soft, the bake is done.
I can't wait to hear about how you use this recipe (method) to make something of your own!
Squeaky Clean Chicken & Veggie Bake
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 5 servings 1x
- 1.5 pounds chicken strips
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2“-thick discs
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2” strips
- 1/2 purple onion, cut into 1/4“-thick discs
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Place the chicken and vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, and spices. Pour the dressing over the chicken and veggies and toss to combine.
- Pour the seasoned chicken and vegetables into a large casserole dish. Bake at 375 F for 45 minutes to one hour, or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through (easily pierced with a fork). If the vegetables on the top start to brown too quickly, simply place a sheet of foil over the top for the duration of the cooking time.
- Once finished, let cool a bit, garnish with the optional parsley, and enjoy!