Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
Have you been doing your best to stay away from pasta and other processed grains? Do you miss them? I do too. Of course, I indulge every once in a while with the real thing but I love to experiment with pasta alternatives. This dish is a tangy experiment gone really well. Not to mention, one cup of cooked zucchini has over a quarter of your daily manganese! What’s manganese and why should I have it in my diet? It’s a vital mineral that aids in digestion, bone health, and brain function.
I shaved the zucchini into large linguini-type strips with a handheld peeler. I quickly blanched the zucchini strips and dressed them with a champagne vinegar and lemon dressing. Yum!
- 4 large zucchini
- zest of one lemon
- 1 lemon – juiced
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- handful of fresh Italian parsley finely chopped
- Cut the ends off the zucchini then shave into strips with a handheld peeler.
- For the dressing: mix the lemon juice, zest, champagne vinegar, garlic, and parsley.
- Quickly dip the zucchini strips into boiling water for about 2 minutes. Strain and toss with the dressing.