Paleo Chicken Fingers
Love chicken fingers? Love their crunchy outer, juicy inner, and oh-so-delicious taste that reminds you of childhood? I love them too.
This is my recipe for breadless baked chicken fingers. Instead of bread, I used almond meal. I season the almond meal with what you would expect to find in normal breading but with a little added punch – I add hot smoked paprika for some adult flavor. If you’re making these for the kiddos, feel free to substitute with a less spicy substitute.
Complete the meal with sweet potato fries and homemade paleo ketchup!
Similar to the sweet potato fries, I bake these chicken fingers on a wire baking rack to ensure they become crispy on all sides without the risk of burning.
This recipe calls for dipping in the almond meal twice, like fried chicken, so that you get a thick, crumbly, mouth-watering crust.
Let your inner child out to play with this tasty meal that is sure to please the whole family.
Paleo Chicken Fingers
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 8 chicken tenders (can substitute with chicken breasts cut into strips)
- 2 eggs
- 1 & ½ cups almond meal
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place wire baking racks on top.
- Crack eggs in a medium sized bowl and whisk until they’re evenly scrambled.
- In a pie pan or other flat dish, combine the almond meal, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Start by lightly seasoning your cleaned chicken tenders with the sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Lay them in the almond flour mixture and be sure they’re coated on all sides.
- Dip them in the egg wash.
- Finally, lay them back in the almond flour mixture for one more coating.
- Place the chicken on the wire baking rack.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes
- Turn the heat up to 400 degrees and leave in for an additional 5 minutes.
- Be sure to check that they’re done then let sit for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
8 Responses to “Paleo Chicken Fingers”
Pingback: wednesday 04.04.12 | Arrow CrossFit
Pingback: Paleo Chicken Parmesan | Fed and Fit
Pingback: Paleo and cupcakes