The Harvest Sparkle

The Harvest Sparkle | Fed+Fit-3

Part of being Fed+Fit is finding a balance between admittedly not-health-food indulgences and foods that make you feel like superwoman. Fresh Paleo foods, lots of water, unlimited crunchy veggies, and the occasional coffee make me feel like superwoman.

While feeling like a million bucks is one thing, you know what reassures me that my lifestyle isn’t fleeting? The fact that I can feel healthy and indulge in the occasional cocktail, baked treat, and gluten-free delivery Dominos pizza without. any. guilt.

No guilt. Yep, it’s totally possible.

I believe there’s room for the indulgences that make our life feel like …life. It’s okay to jump off the endless series of diets, detoxes, and 30-day “shreds.” Put your thinking cap on and design a balanced lifestyle that makes you feel great, fulfilled, and complete. Understand that enjoying 1 to 2 cocktails a week doesn’t make you a failure. In fact, 10 cocktails a week doesn’t make you a failure, but it probably does make you feel pretty crummy.

To make up my couple drinks a week, I’ll order something spectacular if Austin takes me out on a date and then I’ll have a glass of red wine with our Sunday night steaks. Save for the occasional Lone Star at a nighttime kickball game, I like my cocktails to be extra special. Extra special, my friend, is the theme of this recipe.

The Harvest Sparkle | Fed+Fit

This special sip comes by way of a cider spice-infused honey, a dash of a smoky whiskey, and a good glug of a champagne or prosecco. Garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary and let the bubbly, fall-flavored goodness transport you to falling leaves and other happy things.

I was caught fantasizing about the perfect October wedding – The Harvest Sparkle being the signature pre-dinner happy hour drink for guests to enjoy while the sun sets and the band warms up. Just a suggestion.

If you are really looking for awesome wedding inspiration or planning ideas, you should totally check out loverly.

Cheers!

The Harvest Sparkle | Fed+Fit-4

Print Print

The Harvest Sparkle

Yield: 1 or 18 servings

Prep Time: 10 minutes

For the cider honey syrup:

For a large batch/pitcher (serves 18):

• 2 ¼ cups whiskey or bourbon
  • 1 ½ cups of the cider honey syrup (entire batch)
  • 2 ¼ cups prosecco, champagne, or sparkling white wine
  • 9 sprigs of rosemary

For a single cocktail:

• 1 ounce whiskey or bourbon
  • 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cider honey syrup
  • 1 ounce prosecco, champagne, or sparkling white wine (or enough to top off the glass)
  • ½ sprig of rosemary

1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk the honey, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and orange juice together until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
  2. In a pitcher or shaker, mix the honey syrup and whiskey together with a good amount of ice so that it is completely chilled. Strain into a different pitcher or serving glass. (Note: caution that you don’t let the honey and whiskey mixture sit in the ice for too long so that it doesn’t get watered down.)
  3. Keep refrigerated.
  4. Just before serving, add prosecco to top off the glass and garnish with a ½ sprig of rosemary.

16 Responses to “The Harvest Sparkle”

Paulaposted October 3, 2014 at 3:03 pm

OH. I need to make these for tomorrow night’s party! Too bad most people there are doing the Whole Life Challenge, and I’ll have to drink it myself. 🙂

• Cassy replied: — October 3rd, 2014 @ 6:25 pm

You’ll love it, Paula!

Jessiposted October 3, 2014 at 8:56 pm

LOVE everything about this post! Couldn’t agree more about enjoying indulgences without guilt! This looks likes an amazing cocktail recipe.

• Cassy replied: — October 6th, 2014 @ 12:14 am

Thanks, Jessi!!

Paulaposted October 5, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Follow-up: I made this for a party, and I should have doubled or even tripled the recipe! It tastes, as the name suggests, like fall in a glass and is VERY potent.

• Cassy replied: — October 6th, 2014 @ 12:14 am

Sounds like it was a success, Paula! Glad you liked it.

bonnieposted October 16, 2014 at 2:04 am

OMG I usually don’t write negative comments,so I hope this isn’t. I love your blog, but the “Harvest Sparkle” has whiskey. I looked around the site of the company and they said they start with a mash of corn(GMO?) wheat and rye. Is this a no-no for celiacs or does the fermentation make it o.k.? I’ve been sick so long I don’t want to go backwards! the drink looks and sounds amazing! I usually just drink wine occasionally or brandy because its basically the bottom of the wine barrel. Anyway if you or someone knows more than me on this subject thank you in advance.

• Cassy replied: — October 18th, 2014 @ 3:58 pm

Hi Bonnie! No, your comment wasn’t negative at all 🙂 I appreciate your question! You’re totally correct that the whiskey in this drink crosses some non-Celiac-friendly ingredients in its production. To be safe for all who suffer from Celiac, I recommend you stick with brandy (as you described above). Hope that helps and thanks again for your feedback!

Danielleposted October 18, 2014 at 3:25 pm

So just to be clear, there is not cider in the honey syrup? Just OJ and spices?

• Cassy replied: — October 18th, 2014 @ 4:03 pm

Hi Danielle! You’re correct. Just OJ and “cider” spices 🙂

Eden Passanteposted October 21, 2015 at 10:39 pm

This looks like the perfect fall cocktail! I need one of these right about now!

• Kelly replied: — October 25th, 2015 @ 11:42 pm

I totally agree Eden! Would be perfect to sip on while handing out candy on Halloween 🙂

Karinaposted December 23, 2015 at 3:44 am

Did you use fresh spices or did you find pre-ground did a good enough job? I’m hoping to win my friendsmas cocktail competition and think this can definitely do it for me!!

• Kelly replied: — December 28th, 2015 @ 1:39 am

Hi Karina! For the cider honey syrup, it is pre-ground spices. The sprigs of rosemary is fresh rosemary. Good luck, sounds like a fun little competition!

Alicia Jposted December 12, 2016 at 11:27 am

Do you think I could use honey whiskey or will that make it too sweet?

Lindaposted December 23, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Are the measurements in American cups?
    Thanks for your help!