Caramelized Garam Masala Carrotsjump to recipe
These Caramelized Garam Masala Carrots are tossed in a fresh lemon juice + garam masala blend and then baked to perfection. It's time to let the vegetable be the star of the dinner table show!
Sometimes, I just want the vegetable to be the star of the show. I want to cook up a simple protein (maybe a pan-seared fish) and simple starch (maybe some white rice) and plate them next to a KILLER vegetable. These Caramelized Garam Masala Carrots hit the spot! They're tossed in the loveliest garam masala + lemon juice mix and then baked until the outside has a slight caramelized finish. Garnish with some chopped golden berries (or currants would be great!) and fresh parsley.
If you're looking to serve these at a dinner party, they're stunning next to even fancier proteins (rib roast) and a lovely pot of garlic mashed potatoes. I just love them!
If you can't get your hands on garam masala, curry powder could be a substitute. If you're looking for more rockstar veggie ideas for you next dinner, you might also LOVE these Ginger Orange Caramelized Carrots as well!Print
Caramelized Garam Masala Carrots
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat (or other cooking fat), melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup golden berries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven for 375 F.
- Toss the carrots with everything but berries and parsley.
- Place carrots on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, or until they’re starting to look slightly golden/brown.
- Toss with berries and parsley, serve!