Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
This copycat Chick-fil-A sauce is made with just 4 ingredients and tastes just like the iconic restaurant sauce that we all know and love!
Homemade Chick-fil-A Sauce
I (Brandi) have eaten my fair share of Chick-fil-A meals. It’s my road trip meal of choice — my typical order is an 8-count nugget meal with fries and an unsweet tea, and my sauce of choice is (and will always be) Chick-fil-A sauce. It’s so yummy, perfectly balanced, and I just really, really love it. My only struggle with the prepackaged restaurant sauce is the list of ingredients — it’s one of those “know better, do better” situations, and because I do know better, I just can’t help but cringe a tiny bit when I read through the lengthy list. Luckily, though, Cassy has perfected a copycat Chick-fil-A sauce that can be easily quality-ingredient controlled — that means I get a better-for-you version made at home in just 10 minutes …I’ll take it!
What does Chick-fil-A Sauce taste like?
Chick-fil-A sauce is, essentially, a cross between BBQ and honey mustard dipping sauces. The BBQ sauce brings a hint of smokiness, while the honey brings some sweetness, and the mustard brings a nice tang.
How does this copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce compare to the original?
I personally think this sauce tastes almost identical to Chick-fil-A sauce — it’s creamy, slightly smoky, tangy, and sweet.
Homemade Chick-fil-A Sauce Ingredients
Just 4 ingredients (that you likely already have in your pantry!) combine to make this iconic sauce. Here’s exactly what you’ll need:
- Mayonnaise – to start, you’ll need a ¼ cup of mayonnaise — THIS avocado oil mayo is my favorite store-bought option!
- BBQ Sauce – 1 ½ tablespoons of BBQ sauce go into the bowl with the mayo.
- Yellow Mustard – ½ of a tablespoon of yellow mustard gives the sauce a little bit of tang.
- Honey – to perfectly sweeten the sauce, you’ll need 1 teaspoon of honey.
Because this sauce recipe is incredibly basic, the ingredient swaps aren’t super obvious here, but I’ve listed a few that would be yummy.
- Use a different mustard: try using a dijon or spicy mustard in place of the regular yellow mustard for a fun twist on the sauce.
- Use maple syrup instead of honey: the taste will be slightly different here, but if you’re short on honey (or just don’t prefer it), an equal amount of maple syrup should work well too.
- Use Greek yogurt in place of mayo: if you’re looking for a yogurt-based sauce, feel free to swap the mayo with an equal amount of Greek yogurt. Do know that this swap will result in a slightly different tasting sauce that is best enjoyed on the day you make it.
Supplies Needed for this Recipe
How to Make Homemade Chick-fil-A Sauce
The process is super simple! You’ll just need to add the four ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until fully combined.
How long does it take to make this Chick-fil-A Sauce copycat recipe?
This recipe is super quick, y’all. It’ll take you no more than 10 minutes from grabbing the ingredients from the pantry/fridge to having a ready-to-enjoy sauce!
How to Use this Chick-fil-A Sauce Recipe
This sauce can be used with anything that you typically dip a BBQ-style sauce in! My favorite options are:
- Best Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Oven Roasted Potato Wedges
- Chicken Fingers and Fries Sheet Pan Dinner
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Oven-Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Can you cook with Chick-fil-A sauce?
Sure! This is definitely more traditionally a dipping-style sauce, but if you love the taste and want to get creative, go for it! I’d start by following the directions for THIS Thousand Island Chicken Bake (replacing the Thousand Island Dressing with copycat Chick-fil-A sauce, of course).
How do you store this copycat Chick-fil-A sauce?
Store any leftover Chick-fil-A sauce in an airtight jar (a mason jar works great) or container in the fridge.
How long will this homemade Chick-fil-A sauce recipe last?
Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, your sauce will last for up to 7 days.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons BBQ sauce
- ½ tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Add the mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, yellow mustard, and honey to a small bowl and whisk until fully combined.
Leave a Reply