Chorizo Chicken Sheet Pan Dinnerjump to recipe
Today's Chorizo Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is a flavorful, healthy, simple meal your family with love! Best of all, it means you only dirty one dish.
I'm writing to you way up in the incredibly cold mountains of Steamboat, CO right now! I'm here with my family to watch my sister, Kimberly Dunn (stage name) perform at the annual MusicFest! This is Kim's 4th year performing at MusicFest but my first time attending! I'm so excited. I'm also so, so cold. I woke up to a reading of -21 F. Is this real life? The breeze wafting in from the hotel lobby door took my breath away while I enjoyed my 5:00 a.m. quiet coffee + computer time. We'll be spending the next several days acclimating, enjoying plenty of hot tea, watching my sister perform, thinking about skiing, thinking about buying all the jackets, and playing board games! I have a BUNCH of recipes stored up to post while I'm here, so keep checking the blog. We've got some good ones down the pike!
Now, onto today's recipe. The theme is simple, but profound: sheet pan dinners.
Sheet pan dinners may be my favorite food trend right now. What a COOL concept! You take some fun vegetables, toss in oil, season as you like, and spread on a sheet pan. THEN, you add your protein! After a quick spell in the oven, the juices from the proteins help add even more flavor to the vegetables and they all come out of the oven delicious. Best yet, you only dirtied a single sheet pan but are still able to put colorful vegetables and delicious proteins on the table.
Today's sheet pan dinner makes use of some under-used vegetables (leeks + radishes), heavily seasoned chicken legs, and fresh chorizo. If you'd like a little more starch at your meal, I recommend tossing a few baby gold or fingerling potatoes into the mix, too!
Chorizo Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 3 to 5 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, melted ghee, melted butter, or melted coconut oil
- 1 leek, cut into 1/2“-thick pieces
- 1 bunch of fresh radishes, trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- 2 pounds chicken legs (about 5 legs)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound chorizo, cut into 1“-thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Toss the leeks and the radishes in the olive oil and spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Dust with 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt.
- Dust the chicken legs liberally with 1 teaspoon sea salt, the garlic powder, and the chili powder. Place the chicken legs and sliced chorizo evenly between the vegetables.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the skin on the chicken starts to look crispy but the vegetables are not burnt.
- Let cool for a few minutes, garnish with the fresh cilantro, and enjoy!