Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
These aren’t just great chicken burgers, they’re GREAT burgers in general. These patties are so flavorful, I have a feeling you’ll keep the mixture on repeat.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Chicken burgers have a reputation for being bland, dry, and just overall boring. So, I made it my mission to turn all of those upside down. These chicken burgers are flavorful, incredibly moist, and a delicious meal for any night that your family will love.
The patties are great on their own, but for the full effect, I highly recommend stacking your burger like I did here. Even my own husband, who usually turns his nose up at ground chicken meals, was blown away when I told him the burger he was raving over was actually chicken.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
These chicken burgers call for really simple ingredients! Find everything you’ll need below, along with any applicable substitutions. Exact recipe amounts can be found in the recipe card.
- Ground chicken
- Panko bread crumbs – we used gluten-free panko, but regular will work great too.
- Fresh parsley
- Minced garlic
- Dijon mustard
- Ground flaxseed – if you have flaxseed at home, throw it in a blender and pulse until ground.
- Sea salt and red pepper flakes – reduce or omit the red pepper flakes if you’re sensitive to spice.
How to Make
These chicken burgers are SO EASY to make – truly, they’re just a matter of combining ingredients, mixing, forming into patties, and cooking on the skillet. Here’s the full step-by-step:
- Combine ingredients and form into burgers – add all of the ingredients to a large bowl, and mix until just incorporated. Separate the mixture into 4 even balls, and press gently to form a burger shape.
- Get the pan ready – heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. *Brush lightly with oil if the pan isn’t well seasoned.
- Cook the burgers – once the pan is hot, place the burgers on the grill pan, and cook for 5 minutes. Then flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy – serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
This recipe is super straightforward, but we’ve always got a couple of tips and tricks up our sleeve! Here are the best ones we’ve got for this recipe:
- Change up the flavor – add any spice blend you love (a ranch or taco blend would be really yummy) to the ground chicken mixture for a fun spin on the recipe. Find more flavor variations and add-ins below.
- Be patient – when you add the burgers to the hot skillet, they will stick until they’re ready to be flipped. If you attempt to flip them and they stick to the skillet, wait another minute or two and then try again.
Half of the fun of burgers (beef, chicken, or salmon) is topping them! Top these bad boys with any toppings you love. Some of our very favorite chicken burger toppers are:
- Cheddar cheese
Chicken Burger Variations
Want to switch up the flavors here? Go for it! Chicken is a super versatile protein, so it takes on other flavors exceptionally well. Feel free to play with this recipe and really make it your own. Here are some of our best ideas:
- Add dried cranberries and goat cheese
- Add olives and feta
- Add BBQ sauce and crumbled bacon
- Add pesto and sun-dried tomatoes
- Add a dry spice blend like ranch or taco blend
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover chicken burgers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Stored this way, your chicken burgers will keep for up to 5 days.
Reheat your burgers either for 1-2 minutes in the microwave or for a few minutes in a skillet on the stovetop.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between a chicken burger and a chicken sandwich?
A chicken burger is made with ground chicken patties, while a chicken sandwich is typically made with a grilled (or fried) chicken breast or chicken thigh.
How do you keep ground chicken together?
The Dijon mustard in these chicken burgers adds some moisture to the mixture so that the chicken burgers can be easily formed and the ground flaxseed in this recipe acts as a binder to hold the chicken burgers together once they’re cooked.
More Favorite Chicken Recipes
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Easy Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- Easy Chicken Tinga Tacos
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Crispy Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until just incorporated. Separate the mixture into 4 even balls. Press gently to form a burger shape.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. *Brush lightly with oil if the pan isn't well seasoned.
- Once the pan is hot, place the burgers on the grill pan. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
These were so so good (and easy)! Toddler approved as well 🙂 Definitely going into the regular rotation!
Brandi Schilhab says
Toddler approved is THE BEST. We’re so glad you loved this recipe! Thanks for taking the time to share this with us, Erinn!