Paleo Apple Fritters
Looking for a new twist on a paleo breakfast? These apple fritters may hit the spot.
Are they fried? Yes. Do I recommend you make them every day? No. Every once in a while for a special treat? Absolutely.
They have a crunchy delicious almond meal outer and a crisp warm tart apple center.
I like to plate them with a drizzle of honey and cinnamon.
Paleo Apple Fritters0:00
- 1 Large Green Apple
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 2 Medium-Sized Eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea (or Kosher) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 teaspoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Honey (optional)
- In a large frying pan, heat the coconut oil over medium/high heat.
- Wash and dry the apple.
- Cut the apple into 1/4th inch discs.
- With a small circular cookie cutter, cut the core of the apple out.
- Whisk the two eggs together with the water.
- Stir the salt and cinnamon into the almond meal.
- Evenly combine the eggs and almond meal mixtures together.
- Dip the apple slices into the almond meal, evenly coating to the best of your ability.
- Gently drop the coated apple slices into the hot coconut oil.
- Let the fritters cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the fritters from the oil and place on paper towels (to absorb excess oil).
- Plate the fritters with fresh honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Per 2 fritters:
507 Calories; 43 g Fat; 13 g Protein; 13.5 g Sugar
6 Responses to “Paleo Apple Fritters”
Pingback: Recipes of the Week « Fitness Wayne