Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
This air fryer pork tenderloin is BIG on flavor and takes less than 30 minutes to pull together!
Can you air fry pork tenderloin?
You can! This recipe was actually created for Cassy’s third book, Cook Once Dinner Fix, as a traditional, oven-baked pork tenderloin – it’s actually my favorite meal in the book! When Cassy was noodling on the recipe for this air fryer pork tenderloin (Should it be marinated? Or would a dry rub be better?), my mind immediately went to this heavily seasoned stunner of a pork tenderloin recipe! Though the seasoning is the same, the cooking method is totally different – it’s less involved and still absolutely delicious!
Air Fried Pork Tenderloin Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe. If you want to make more than one pork tenderloin at a time (meal prep, anyone?!), feel free to double or even triple the seasoning recipe.
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- ½ tablespoon of dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 1-pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
How To Cook Pork Tenderloin in Air Fryer
The process is every bit as easy as it sounds – the hardest part is simply measuring and mixing the spices! Step-by-step directions:
- Preheat – preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Whisk together the spices – in a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, brown sugar, oregano, paprika, cinnamon, garlic powder, and salt.
- Rub – rub the spice mixture over the pork tenderloin.
- Drizzle with olive oil – drizzle the pork tenderloin with olive oil, and then pat the spices and olive oil onto the tenderloin so that it forms a paste.
- Air fry – air fry the pork tenderloin for 16-17 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Let rest – let the cooked pork rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
What temperature do you cook a pork tenderloin in the air fryer?
Your pork tenderloin will cook at 400°F in the air fryer.
How long to cook pork tenderloin in the air fryer?
Cook your pork tenderloin in the air fryer for 16-17 minutes. Once the time is up, be sure to check the internal temperature (using a meat thermometer) to make sure that the pork is 145°F.
Tips and FAQs for Pork Tenderloin in the Air Fryer
What a great question! I haven’t actually tried it, but a quick Google search says YES, YOU CAN! You won’t be able to rub your pork tenderloin with the spice rub (it won’t stick if the pork is frozen), but you can absolutely still cook a pork tenderloin from frozen if you’re in a pinch. My recommendation would be starting at 25 minutes, and checking the pork tenderloin doneness from there (adding more time if needed). If you still want to season your pork tenderloin, remove it halfway through cooking, rub with seasoning, then cook for the remaining time.
See above! I’d start with 25 minutes at 400°F and add 2-3 minutes at a time (if needed) from there.
This recipe calls for cooking the pork tenderloin whole, then slicing after cooking. We recommend this cooking method to maintain the most moisture in the meat.
Storing Air Fried Pork Tenderloin
Store any leftover pork tenderloin in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to Reheat Pork Tenderloin in Air Fryer
Reheat slices of pork tenderloin in the air fryer for a few minutes at a time! Start with 3 minutes at 400°F and add on a minute or two at a time after that, if needed.
Just for You
Want more recipe ideas like this?
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together chili powder, brown sugar, oregano, paprika, cinnamon, garlic powder, and salt.
- Rub the spice mixture over the pork tenderloin.
- Drizzle the pork tenderloin with olive oil, and then pat the spices and olive oil onto the tenderloin so that it forms a paste.
- Air fry the pork tenderloin for 16-17 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Let the cooked pork rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!