Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
I’m sharing about our first days out with baby! I’m talking about the nerves I felt beforehand and what product was KEY in making it a success for our family. Today’s post is brought to you in partnership with Boppy!
Because Graysen (Gray) was born in late January, in the middle of an epic cold and flu season, we decided to keep her pretty close to home for a while. Though we did go on a weekly drive to my parents’ home (just 10 minutes away) for a weekly Sunday Family Dinner, walks with Gus were our only real time out of the house. THEN, after 5 full weeks at home, we were finally ready to venture out a bit. I’ll be honest …I was
a bit a lot nervous. I was ITCHING to get out into civilization again and felt good about her health, but the thought of going out into the real world had me a bit rattled. I knew that I wanted to wear her (in a baby carrier) to help keep her protected, but what if she wasn’t comfortable? What if I have trouble putting on a baby carrier in the parking lot? What if the whole thing was ONE GIANT DISASTER?!?
…all real questions I voiced to my amazingly patient husband while we pulled into the first parking lot.
The carrier I trusted for this adventure is the new Boppy® ComfyFit® Baby Carrier and I am SO THRILLED to say that our first day out was a breeze. Though I’ve worked with several options, I LOVE this carrier for a few important reasons:
- Graysen seems the most comfortable in this carrier! She doesn’t squirm or need readjusting. I plop her in and she (almost immediately) falls into a deep snooze. This is one of the only carriers I’ve used that EASILY kept her chin off her chest (for easy breathing).
- It’s EASY to put on! I don’t have to ask my husband for help and I don’t have to stand in front of a mirror while I strap it on. I didn’t have to practice putting this carrier on and didn’t feel the need to Google for help. The one-click fastening system, wide shoulder straps, and adjustable tie make it REALLY comfortable for my wearing. I also love that I didn’t have to make it secure by strapping it on so tight that she felt squished.
- It has the BEST features all in one! It’s a hybrid carrier with a structured, ergonomic seat for baby and a stretchy wrap-like support system, making it INCREDIBLY comfortable for me to wear. I love that it holds my little newborn’s head upright in a soft, but supportive manner. I also love the yoga-inspired 4-way stretch fabric. It truly feels like my favorite pair of yoga pants. I also adore the full range of motion it provides me! I can reach up high and lean over without having to adjust baby.
- It will grow with baby! This carrier is designed to safely support babies weighing from 8 to 35 pounds AND babies can be worn facing in or out. I love that it doesn’t require an additional insert for a newborn.
- I didn’t overheat! Though the temperature is still mild in the mid 70’s right now, I see a LOT of potential for waring this comfortable carrier into our warmer South Texas Summer months.
- I can use BOTH hands! This carrier is so secure that I can reach use both hands (like at a grocery store) without having to hold her in position with the other.
- It’s dude-approved! My husband is all about wearing this carrier. He too loves how easy it is to put on and how supported Gray feels against his body. All we need to do is quickly adjust the length of the waist strap and it’s instantly fitted for him to wear, too.
- It’s cute! Though last on my priority list, I do love that I can have an ergonomic carrier that’s ALSO not bad on the eyes. I love the look of the material, the wide supportive wraps, and the side knot.
Click HERE to see a quick video about this amazing carrier!
My first weeks at home with Gray marked my first weeks as a mom. While I put the rest of my life on semi-hold (work, social calendar, errands, workouts, cooking, etc.), I spent my days snuggled up with our little squish. I first learned how to be a mom AT HOME. I learned how to carry her from room to room, how to put her down for a nap, how to feed her, how to change her diaper, and how to soothe her. I think my nerves about venturing out stemmed from a fear of having to learn it all over again. While I am ready to dip by toe back into the rest of my life (work, errands, house cleaning, etc.), I didn’t know how to do it while ALSO being a mom. That’s where Boppy’s #NeverNotaMom campaign inspired my transition. It gave me reassurance that, like so many amazing mothers before me, I’m never not a mom and I CAN do this. I CAN figure out a way to transition back to the rest of my life WITH my baby. I’m not a mom only while at home, sitting in our favorite rocker, with all of our conveniences within reach. I’m a mom while I’m out, running errands, at the gym, at the grocery store, and while I grab my favorite cup of coffee with a gluten-free muffin. I’m her mom in everything I do and bringing her into MY life is made even easier with this Boppy® ComfyFit® Baby Carrier.
For the reasons I have up above, this carrier has floated to the tippy top of my favorite list. It’s already a staple in our diaper bag and I find myself grabbing it at every turn. It’s become my favorite for baby-wearing while I cook, while I go for walks with Gus (+ a few of his furry friends), while I go grab a quick cup of coffee at my neighborhood shop, and while I swing by the grocery store for a few staples.
Shopping for baby carriers can be a bit overwhelming (I’ve been there) and if you’re looking for one that really exhibits the best of ALL the options, the Boppy® ComfyFit® Baby Carrier is exactly what I’d recommend. It will grow with your baby, is the easiest to put on, and makes it even easier to embrace your new life as #NeverNotaMom.
Visit Target to learn more about the Boppy® ComfyFit® Baby Carrier and to order your own!
Cassie Kellison says
I love it! I saw it in target and wished I had had it for my kiddos. Our family is done having kids so it is not an option for me, but it looks so much more comfortable than the K’tan and Moby that I had used
Thanks for your review of this carrier. My biggest regret when I had my son was not investing in a baby carrier suitable for newborns. Would have made life so much easier, especially around the house. Will definitely keep this one in mind for baby number 2 🙂
Thank you for this review. I have had such a hard time finding a carrier that I like. I have been using the ergo 360, but the infant insert is so cumbersome. I bought the Boppy today and so far I am liking it. We shall see how it is when the toddler gets home and I need to juggle 2. 🙂
Stacy R. says
Thank you for this thorough review. I just purchased it so we’ll see how it goes. I want to use it on my currently 6 week old baby.