Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
Ever have one of those days when a craving for pizza completely overtakes your subconscious? You attempt to deny your craving. You try to ignore it. You’ve got the best intentions for dinner tonight – maybe salmon and steamed broccoli? Then … without much warning, you’re home, hungry, and reaching for your computer or phone to place an order. The pizza is delivered and you go into a craze savoring every bite. Next thing you know, you’re bloated, too full, and for some reason still wanting more.
I say, don’t deny your cravings. If you want a pizza, have a pizza! The trick is to plan ahead and make a pizza that will hit the spot without blowing your belt.
The main caloric culprits of pizza are the bread and cheese. I make all my pizzas on whole-wheat naan bread (except when I’m feeling especially adventurous and make my own paleo-friendly crust). Tandoori naan bread can be found at your local grocery store. The toppings I use are usually very light on cheese and heavy on healthful sauces, veggies, fruits, and proteins.
I have a few pizza recipes in my repertoire that I am excited to share. Texas peaches are currently in season and mind-blowingly delicious. I’ve been looking for every excuse to eat and cook with them. Now that being said, here’s tonight’s pizza …
- 1 whole-wheat tandoori naan bread piece
- 10 slices thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 fresh ripe peach cut in small slices
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 T fresh rosemary
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Cover one baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside. Brush approximately 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil over the naan bread.
- Evenly distribute the garlic, peach slices, prosciutto, and goat cheese crumbles on the naan bread. Top with rosemary, sea salt, and pepper.
- Put in oven for approximately 15 minutes. Let sit for about 2 minutes before you cut so that it finishes crisping. Enjoy!
- Time: ~5 min prep ~15 min cook
Lucas Nyreen says
more pizza! also, looking at those bushels of peaches makes me sooo hungry.
Ashley Lowe says
I can’t wait to try this, looks delicious!!
Lindsay Bare says
num num nummmmm
Wow! Almost but not quite perfect yet…want to practice again tonight? Yum…Fasha.:)