Whipped Honey Feta Dipjump to recipe
This whipped honey feta dip is the perfect easy appetizer for your next get-together! Feta is simply blended with honey for a creamy dip that's equal parts salty, sweet, and tangy.
WHIPPED FETA. Do I need to say more? With its perfect balance of salt and tangyness, feta is easily one of my favorite cheeses. It's perfect on salads, especially ones with sweeter toppings, and a must-have accompaniment for Greek and Mediterranean cuisine, but its crumbly texture can make it hard to incorporate anywhere else. That's where this whipped honey feta dip comes in! I first came across it on a recent trip to Charleston at Butcher and Bee, and as soon as we took a bite we were all blown away. This dip takes the incredible flavor of feta but gives it a light and creamy texture with just a hint of sweet. We couldn't stop talking about it so I knew I needed to try my hand at my own version!
This whipped honey feta dip is really as simple as it gets. All you need is a food processor, some good quality feta and honey. For a recipe with only two components, the real key for good flavor is to make sure you are using great ingredients. The fresher the feta is that you buy, the better! You'll simply add the feta to the food processor along with the honey and keep the food processor running on high for a few minutes. It will take on a very crumbly consistency at first, but slowly it will turn to the whipped texture you see here. Just use a bit of patience – we promise it'll turn out in the end!
From there, you can either serve as-is or add a few flavor-boosters! Served plain, this whipped honey dip is perfect as part of a charcuterie board, on top of gluten free garlic toasts, with crackers, with veggies, or even as a spread. If you'd like to up the flavor just a little more, here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Extra-virgin olive oil and cracked black pepper: Adding a tablespoon or two of good quality extra-virgin olive oil into your dip gives it a delicious layer of savory flavor.
- Roasted garlic: reduce the honey by half and add half a head of roasted garlic as you blend the feta.
- Fresh herbs: blend a handful of basil and a few fresh chives into your feta for delicious spread.
- Pomegranate seeds: for a sweet seasonal twist, add a few pomegranate seeds to the top of your dip!
We hope you love this whipped honey feta dip just as much as we do!Print
Whipped Honey Feta Dip
Feta is simply blended with honey for a creamy dip that's equal parts salty, sweet, and tangy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- Add the feta cheese and honey to a food processor and blend on high for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is creamy. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve alongside crackers, gluten free garlic toast, or veggies and enjoy!
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled!