Trail Mix Cookiesjump to recipe
These Trail Mix Cookies brought to you by Nuts.com are Paleo-friendly, gluten-free treat packed full of your favorite trail mix goodies! Pack them for your lunch or your next outdoor adventure.
Let's talk Trail Mix Cookies! These are exactly what they sound like: a cookie that joined forces with our favorite hike-friendly food, trail mix. Trail mix is usually a mixed bag of nuts, dried fruit, maybe a little chocolate, and something crunchy. These cookies are a new way to take nutrition on the road. By utilizing the AWESOME dried food options from my friends at Nuts.com, we were able to come up with a cookie that will keep you (and your little ones) energized without the overuse of sugar or other refined starches.
We're using cashew flour for the base of these cookies, making them a little more light weight than your typical nut flour-based baked good. That being said, feel free to swap in whatever nut flour you have on hand. The cookie batter is combined with all the trail-mix favorites: dried blueberries, cocoa nibs, nuts (we used tiger nuts for extra fiber), and unsweetened coconut chips. FEEL FREE to add in a few real-deal chocolate chips …I won't tell.
The cookie batter is sweetened simply with a little honey and leans on a couple eggs for binding.
These trail mix cookies are slightly sweet, crunchy, and very travel-friendly. Pack a few in your lunch or for your next big hiking adventure!
If you're looking for one of the BEST places to grab your healthy dried goods, I HIGHLY recommend Nuts.com. Their quality is top notch and they offer the most diverse selection of dried goods you have ever seen. Not to mention, their customer service is superb. I've only ever had the most pleasant experiences ordering from and working with their team!
I hope you enjoy these trail mix cookies and I can't wait to hear about how you make them your own with your own Nuts.com trail mix selections!Print
Trail Mix Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 3 1/4 cup cashew flour
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup tiger nuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut chips
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs, divided
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons oil of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cacao nibs, and mix with mixer or just a spoon until well-combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop dough with a Tablespoon or #40 cookie scoop and place onto paper. Add 12 cookies per baking sheet.
- Press cookies down and sprinkle remaining cacao nibs on top.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet and bake for an additional 3 minutes, baking cookies one sheet at a time.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve!