Easy Chicken Curry
Get ready to press the easy, delicious button for dinner because this semi-homemade Easy Chicken Curry comes together in almost no time!
I am really excited to share this VERY simple recipe with you today! To be totally honest, “semi-homemade” dinners like this one are what I find myself cooking the most often. Are you familiar with decision fatigue? It explains why, at the end of the day, after Gray (our 9 m/o) has had her dinner and a bath, I cannot (CANNOT) possibly make one more decision for the day. After making hundreds of decisions throughout the day (mostly business-related), I have very little energy left to creatively brainstorm a totally from-scratch dinner. SO, I open my pantry and hope that a jar of something delicious jumps out at me. The jars I look for first are: some kind of a delicious marinara (if I also happen to have gluten-free pasta on hand) OR some curry. YES you can (and I have MANY times over) make your own curry from scratch, but the jar of curry I'm using in this recipe is so, so good. I love the squeaky-clean ingredients, love the flavor, and love that it helps me plate up something homemade-ish. Also, looking back, I clearly have a love affair with all things curry – as evidenced by this Curried Sheet Pan Dinner, this Curried Butternut Squash Soup and SO MUCH MORE. When I love something ya'll, I love it HARD!
Here's a full list of all the grocery goods I snagged from Thrive Market for this meal!
- Yai's Thai Yellow Thai Coconut Curry: normally priced $7.99 get it for $6.99 on Thrive
- Lundberg Farms Organic California Basmati Rice: normally priced $7.99 get it for $5.49 on Thrive
- 4th and Heart Grass-Fed Ghee: normally priced $12.99 get it for $11.99 on Thrive
If you're interested in shopping/saving with Thrive, click HERE to get an additional 25%-off your first order!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Feel free to make it your own by tossing whatever veggies you have on hand (bell peppers, snap peas, green beans, etc.) into the dish. Half the fun is that you can customize with whatever is in your veggie drawer.Print
Easy Chicken Curry
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1.5 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon 4th and Heart Grass-Fed Ghee
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets (or any veggie you like!)
- 1 jar Yai's Thai Yellow Thai Coconut Curry
- Lundberg Farms Organic California Basmati Rice
- 1/4 cup peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- 1 lime, for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle the chicken tenders with the sea salt. In a large frying pan, melt the ghee over medium/high heat. Once melted, add the chicken. Sear on each side for about 3 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop into 1″ pieces.
- In a microwave-safe dish (for about 5 minutes on high) or in a medium-sized covered pot on the stove (over medium heat), steam the broccoli with about 1/2 cup water for about 5 minutes, or until bright green and easily pierced with a fork.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan, pour the curry sauce over, add the broccoli, and stir to combine.
- For the rice: follow the instructions on the package to yield about 4 cups cooked rice.
- Plate with the rice, curry on top, and garnish with the peanuts, lime, and cilantro.