Curried Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
This curried chicken sheet pan dinner features chicken thighs and carrots seasoned with curry powder and lime juice, then baked for a simple and flavorful meal!
Now that it's finally cool enough to turn on the oven, I thought it was time to bring back one of my favorite easy dinner methods just in time for fall – sheet pan meals! I love sheet pan dinners because they typically only require a few minutes of hands-on time, and the flavor possibilities are endless. They are the perfect way to get a healthy, well-rounded meal on the table in minimal time. They are also the best solution for those days where you ran out of time to pick up groceries and need to make do with whatever's left in the fridge!
My latest spin on the sheet pan meal is this curried chicken sheet pan dinner! It is actually based on this DELISH curried roasted cauliflower from earlier in the year. After tasting that recipe, I knew that the mixture we used to coat the cauliflower would be just as amazing on chicken!
For this curried chicken sheet pan dinner you'll quickly marinate some boneless, skinless chicken thighs in a flavorful mixture of coconut cream, lime juice, and curry powder. This marinade will give the chicken a ton of flavor and lock in it's moisture. Next, you'll toss some halved carrots with lime and cumin, then bake them for a few minutes ahead of the chicken, just to make sure we don't end up with under-cooked carrots or overcooked chicken. Once the carrots have cooked a bit, you'll add the chicken to the sheet pan, and bake for 30 minutes until everything just begins to brown. Finally, you'll garnish with cilantro and chopped peanuts for a bit of extra crunch!
This curried chicken sheet pan dinner is great as is, but if you'd like to stretch it a little further, you could easily add more veggies to this meal (think cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes, or even bell peppers) and bake them at the same time you put in the carrots. For a little extra starch, you could also serve this alongside some white rice, it's totally up to you!
If you're looking for more sheet pan dinners, here are a few of my favorites:
Hope you enjoy!Print
Curried Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 5
For the Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can's worth of coconut cream from one can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about one lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Carrots:
- 5 medium carrots
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee, melted, or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the chicken marinade, then place the chicken thighs in the marinade.
- Peel the carrots and cut in half lengthwise. Place carrots on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with ghee, lime juice, sea salt, cumin, and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet. Return to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and carrots from oven, garnish with fresh cilantro, and serve!
For low FODMAP: omit the garlic powder.