Grilled BBQ Chicken Nuggetsjump to recipe
These BBQ chicken nuggets come together in under 15 minutes on the grill, will please all ages, and are a perfect addition to any summer cookout.
I (finally) conquered my fear of the grill. Y'all, I know I'm a smart girl. I can think through the toughest problems, come up with useful information nuggets, and write how-to's/101's like nobody's business …but that grill intimidated the heck out of me. Maybe it's the fact that you have to reach into the spider din UNDER the grill to turn on the gas? Maybe it's because there's GAS involved? Either way, that fear is behind me. I had a recipe to write for YOU and gosh darn-it that grill was not going to stand in my way.
Whether you've got a game-plan set for Memorial Day or not, I hope you find this BBQ Chicken Nuggets recipe useful! They come together in a matter of about 15 minutes and will please all the crowds of all the ages.
As for the BBQ sauce options for this simple recipe, I've got a couple recommendations. You can absolutely make a batch of my Paleo-friendly homemade BBQ sauce (found HERE with options to customize it to your liking) -OR- you can buy a bottle. I like to make my BBQ sauce two batches at a time. I use one immediately and freeze one for later use. Because I was all out of my favorite homemade variety, I broke into this bottle of Tessemae's. I gotta say, it was ab-sol-lut-leeee delicious on these BBQ Chicken Nuggets.
Have a very happy Memorial Day Weekend!Print
Grilled BBQ Chicken Nuggets
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 servings 1x
- 1 cup Paleo-friendly BBQ sauce, divided OR store-bought
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1.5” pieces
- 5–6 metal skewers
- 2 tablespoons purple onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Toss the chicken pieces in the 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce and let them sit while you heat up the grill.
- Pierce 6-7 pieces of chicken on each of your metal skewers. Repeat for all remaining ingredients.
- Place chicken on a hot grill (about 400 F). Sear the first side for 4-5 minutes (with the grill cover down), or until they have slight grill marks. Flip the chicken over and then, using a basting brush and the remaining 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce, paint fresh sauce over the cooked side. Cook this second side (with the grill cover down) for an additional 3-4 minutes. Flip the chicken over once more and baste the freshly-cooked side with more sauce. When the nuggets are cooked through (which should be about now) remove them from the grill and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, garnish with the optional cilantro + onion, and enjoy!