This Herb Crusted Salmon & Potato Bake is an easy way to get a dinner party-worthy meal on the table. A whole salmon filet is topped with a simple, but flavorful lemon-herb sauce and accompanied by crisp baby potatoes! Be sure to scroll down for a discount code on top-quality wild salmon with Pride of Bristol Bay.
Table of Contents
This recipe is something special! I really wanted to bring you a salmon-centric recipe that felt like comfort food during this cooler season. I also wanted to bring you an option that would help you *easily* get a healthy, delicious dinner on the table. There are few things (in my opinion) more comforting than perfectly roasted potatoes and a thick lather of an herbed mayo. There are also few things easier than a recipe that requires ZERO chopping or slicing and that are all baked together on a single sheet pan.
Why We Need Fish in Our Diet
Fish isn’t often the center of our food thoughts during the Fall/Winter, but I argue that it has an important place. We NEED the nutrients found in healthy, sustainably-caught fish …and the nutrients found in this Pride of Bristol Bay Salmon are absolutely top-notch. IN FACT, I was so inspired by the nutritional powerhouse that is healthy salmon [plus the too murky waters (pun intended) of how to navigate healthy seafood choices], that I recorded an entire episode on the topic. You can check out my “Wild Seafood 101” podcast episode #133 HERE.
We NEED the DHA, the EPA, the Selenium, and the Vitamin D found in high-quality fish. Salmon, especially supremely well-sourced salmon, is one of the richest sources. We need these nutrients all year long, but I think that keeping our seafood intake top-of-mind during the winter months is especially crucial. It makes perfect sense to counter our indulgences with healthy nutrients this time of year.
This dish helps us enjoy a cool weather-friendly dish while we also provide our bodies the precious nutrients it needs.
How to Make Herb Crusted Salmon & Potato Bake
This Herb Crusted Salmon & Potato Bake comes together in two easy steps:
- Pre-roast the potatoes. This step is broken out because the salmon doesn’t need long in the oven, so the potatoes can get a head start.
- Make the Herb Mayo (essentially a Winter-inspired tartar sauce) and spread it out on a long filet of Salmon. Wedge it in between the potatoes and bake for just 15 minutes.
Dinner is then DONE! It’s so easy, so delicious, and so incredibly good for you.
Herb Crusted Salmon & Potato Bake
- 2 pounds baby potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4-1 teaspoon sea salt to taste divided
- 1, 1-1.5 pound whole salmon filet
- 1 lemon cut into quarters, for garnish
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
For the Herb Mayo:
- 1/2 cup Paleo Mayo
- 1 head parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup thyme finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about one small lemon
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet pan, toss potatoes, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Place in the oven and roast for 40 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, combine the parsley, thyme, lemon juice, and garlic in a medium-sized bowl.
- Once potatoes have finished roasting, remove the pan from the oven and move them to the sides of the pan to make room for the salmon in the middle. Place salmon on the pan, skin side-down, then season with salt. Top the salmon with the herb mayo.
- Place the salmon in the oven to bake for 13-15 minutes at 375 F, or until desired doneness is achieved and it flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove salmon from oven and let rest 3-5 minutes then serve!