Paleo Cranberry Salsa and Chipsjump to recipe
Get ready to take your snacking to the next level. We’re going to talk paleo chips and salsa – holiday style.
Chips and salsa are staples in Texas. It’s what you whip out to curb your appetite for an after school snack, Saturday football game munchie, or the ravenous pre dinner I’m-too-hungry-to-wait feigned starvation (guilty).
In an effort to continually diversify my pallet, I tried …and then loved… cranberries.
How did I go so long without knowing how amazing cranberries are? In case you’re as confused as I was, there is not an orchard of cranberry trees that grows can-shaped maroon goo for decorating our dinner table during Thanksgiving and Christmas (usually found next to the mini sweet pickle decoration – YUCK).
Cranberries are in fact these crisp tart little bites of heaven that we should all enjoy more often.
Although my friends teased me that my next recipe would read:
1 Bag Raw Cranberries
Open and eat.
I won’t do that to you.
Instead, I give you … the Cranberry Salsa.
I came across the recipe below for paleo chips at Jen’s Gone Paleo. I made a couple changes to the flavors. These chips work really well with the salsa.
When the chips run out, save the rest of the salsa for your next salad. Top a bed of field greens with leftover turkey and a generous spoonful of Cranberry Salsa. Yum!Print
Paleo Cranberry Salsa and Chips
A better for you spin on a snack time favorite, chips and salsa!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3.5 cups salsa + 24 chip 1x
- 3 cups Raw Cranberries
- ½ cup Chopped Red Onion
- ½ cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 3 Medium Limes Juiced
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Orange Zest
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 2 Jalapenos Finely Diced (deseeded)
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cracked Black Pepper
Paleo Chips (Adapted from Jen’s Gone Paleo)
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Ground Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Ground Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Light Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Roughly chop the cranberries in a food processor.
- Stir in the red onions, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice, orange zest, orange juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in a bowl and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the water and oil then evenly combine.
- The mixture will be sticky.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the mixture evenly on the baking sheet and smash with another piece of parchment paper and a rolling pin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons Salsa + 3 Large Chips
- Calories: 135 Calories
- Sugar: 1 g Sugar
- Fat: 10 g Fat
- Protein: 3.7 g Protein