This goat cheese, sun-dried tomato, and basil stuffed pork tenderloin is special – it’s flavorful and incredibly easy to whip up!
Recipe for Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese
Pork tenderloin is a protein that I rely on a lot for dinner. It’s affordable, just the right size for my family, and when cooked correctly (read: not overcooked), it’s really, really juicy and delicious. This stuffed pork tenderloin really takes the humble protein up a notch – the goat cheese, basil leaves, and sun-dried tomatoes are a match made in stuffed pork tenderloin heaven!
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Ingredients
The ingredient list is short! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and julienned
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 8 pieces of twine
How to Prepare Pork Tenderloin
Before you can bake the pork tenderloin, you’ll need to prep it! Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Butterfly – butterfly the pork tenderloins lengthwise.
- Stuff – spread the goat cheese along one side of the pork tenderloin, then layer with the basil leaves and tomatoes, and sprinkle with salt and paper.
- Secure the pork tenderloin with twine – shimmy 4 pieces of twine under the pork tenderloins, then roll the pork tenderloin along the long side and tie each string into a double knot.
How to butterfly Pork Tenderloin
To butterfly your pork tenderloin, simply slide your knife along the long side of the pork tenderloin, making sure that you don’t cut all the way through the pork tenderloin (you want the pork to stay in one piece). Once sliced, open the pork tenderloin so that it is now double in width.
How to Cook Stuffed Pork Tenderloin in Oven
Once your pork tenderloin is prepared, you’ll put it into a 425°F oven for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
How do you cut a pork tenderloin for stuffing?
You’ll butterfly your pork tenderloin in order to stuff it. HERE’S a step-by-step video on how to do that.
How Long to Cook Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Your stuffed pork tenderloin will go into the oven for about 30 minutes, but you’ll know it’s done for sure when the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Using an in-oven thermometer makes the cooking process incredibly easy!
At what temp is pork tenderloin done?
Pork tenderloin is done and safe to eat at 145°F. Don’t worry if your pork is a little bit pink – if it’s 145°F, it’s good to go!
Storing Leftover Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Store your leftover pork tenderloin in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can you freeze stuffed pork tenderloin recipe leftovers?
Sure! Frozen in an airtight container, your pork tenderloin will stay good for 3 months. I’d personally freeze the pork tenderloin in slices (vs. whole) – that way, I can pull it out and thaw a serving or two at a time!
How to Reheat Pork Tenderloin
Reheat leftover slices of pork tenderloin in the oven or air fryer – start with a couple of minutes and then add on as needed. Alternatively, you can heat your pork tenderloin in the microwave for a minute, adding 30 seconds at a time until warmed through.
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Recipe FAQs
What goes with Pork Tenderloin?
Serve your pork tenderloin alongside a veggie side (asparagus, green beans, and arugula salad would all be great choices) and a starchy side (wild rice or roasted purple sweet potatoes on a regular ole weeknight and browned butter parsnip mash to impress!).
Just for You
Want more recipe ideas like this?
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil drained and julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 pieces twine for tying together
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Butterfly the pork tenderloins.
- Spread the goat cheese along one side of the pork tenderloin, then layer with the basil leaves and tomatoes, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Repeat for the 2nd pork tenderloin.
- Shimmy 4 pieces of twine under the pork tenderloins, then roll the pork tenderloin along the long side and tie each string into a double knot.
- Place the pork tenderloins in a baking dish and bake them for 30 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Let the pork tenderloins rest for 5 minutes, then slice, serve, and enjoy!